Attention to detail you fools!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

atheory

Attention to detail you fools!

Post by atheory »

Well, more like me a fool. Here I am thumbing along in my German campaign, relishing each turns conclusion as the allies slaughter themselves up the boot of Italy. I glance over my air units and see many at 0 or low numbers of ready aircraft. I'm thinking damn my production and supply system is lacking....go a few turns, no improvement. Then at some point I see the line "aircraft in pool = 0" (This is the 109-6 fighter)

I'm like hmmmm, how can I fight without aicraft, so I click on change aircraft which to my surprise is set to manual, and low and behold, 500 x 109G6-1944 fighters were waiting in my pool! These shiny new planes are making their way to the front.

And here I thought drinking coffee was suppose to prevent such things!

marion61

RE: Attention to detail you fools!

Post by marion61 »

You can't blame this on coffee! Coffee has a time honored tradition of giving you attention, and should not be disparaged in this way![:-]
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Maybe you need to stop drinking that awful 1944 ersatz coffee and try the real stuff?

Or pop some of the Wehrmacht's Dexedrine pills? [X(]

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Gorforlin

Post by Gorforlin »

ORIGINAL: GrauWolf80

Well, more like me a fool. Here I am thumbing along in my German campaign, relishing each turns conclusion as the allies slaughter themselves up the boot of Italy. I glance over my air units and see many at 0 or low numbers of ready aircraft. I'm thinking damn my production and supply system is lacking....go a few turns, no improvement. Then at some point I see the line "aircraft in pool = 0" (This is the 109-6 fighter)

I'm like hmmmm, how can I fight without aicraft, so I click on change aircraft which to my surprise is set to manual, and low and behold, 500 x 109G6-1944 fighters were waiting in my pool! These shiny new planes are making their way to the front.

And here I thought drinking coffee was suppose to prevent such things!

So how did you fix it?

I have 2 games on going and one I have no issues the other all the AB toes = 0/0 and the m maz toe is set at 100?
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

What is the supply priority? If it is set to 0 then the AB will get nothing and this includes replacements.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Gorforlin

Post by Gorforlin »

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

What is the supply priority? If it is set to 0 then the AB will get nothing and this includes replacements.
3 same in both games

And still no answer on his fix?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”