Future Expansions?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Dr. Foo

Future Expansions?

Post by Dr. Foo »

I read maybe a year ago, that there were plans to find a way to combined WitW with WitE into one big WiE game.

I'm sure it's a long way off but I would love to have a game this big that's playable with AI, (MWiF, I'm talking to you [;)] )

Are there any plans to include North Africa into an expansion before trying to link up and create a giant WiE game?

Thanks! I have not bought this yet...but I'm getting there. [8D]
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
Aurelian

RE: Future Expansions?

Post by Aurelian »

IIRC, there is to be one covering 39-41, plus one for the Med.

Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

And then possibly a War in the East 2. Joel Billings posted more details not long ago.

I don't know whether the devs envision an amalgamation of all the "War in the..." games -- War in the Pacific, War in the East, War in the West, War in the Med. That would be the grognard's dream. :)
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Definitely not a WitP connection as the scale is vastly different 45 miles (60 in the original WitP). Plus only 1-3 day turns (players can select one of these. Most select 1 or 2 day turns).

The map for WIitP is big enough at 45 miles. It would be 4x bigger with 70% of the map just water lol.

But I would be very hopeful that as they develop these games that they are making sure that 'connecting' them somehow would be doable [:)]
cmunson

Post by cmunson »

The intent seems to be to pivot off the WitW system for other games in the series which Joel has posted elsewhere on these forums. A war in Europe would be great one day. If that happens one thought strikes me, perhaps the Brits and Americans could have an Asia box like the Germans have an East Front box.
Chris
Dr. Foo

Post by Dr. Foo »

ORIGINAL: chris.munson

perhaps the Brits and Americans could have an Asia box like the Germans have an East Front box.

I like this idea!
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

For me the ultimate expansion would be the air and ground system in WitW applied to WitPAE+ (enhanced graphics). The ground system in WitPAE does the job, but could use improvement. If it were on WitW levels and you had the new air combat system from WitW, that I'm still learning, but is without question very well done, applied to pacific battles you would have something on a whole new level.

Toss in some 2014 level graphics and you would have the ultimate wargame.

The scale issue between the Europe and Asia isn't insurmountable.

War in the East needs the new WitW air system.

From here on out Matrix needs to offer hardcover books, full color game guide sheets and full color wall maps.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”