Looking for fast playable games with hot-seat MP

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

Looking for fast playable games with hot-seat MP

Post by Kuokkanen »

So I went out and bought Asus T100TAM 10,1" hybrid machine. I paid just short of 400 € for it. Processor is 1,46 GHz Atom Z3775. Battery needs recharging before I can turn it on. Oh yes, I bought wireless router as well for 20 € so I can download stuff on it directly without need to go through external hard disk drive.

Now I need some games on it to play with. I want to take this tablet to club meetings and play there with other people. This means following requirements for a game:
Must be easy to learn and play in short amount of time
Must have hot-seat multiplayer
Average scenario should be over and through in 2 hours or less, short scenario less than in an hour
Game should be playable with touchscreen without keyboard and preferably without a mouse either (my mouses don't fit in machine's Micro-USB socket and store didn't have any adapters available)

What Matrix (war)games qualify? Can you recommend other games too?

[edit]
OS of tablet is Windows 8.1
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
zakblood

RE: Looking for fast playable games with hot-seat MP

Post by zakblood »

well was going to say this but only single player but to try it out it's almost free

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/544/Fr ... ongest.Day

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (114.09 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

There is a title here Small General, which also has an Eastern Front explansion. HIGHLY playable.

Look up Conflict series by Joni Nuutinen, plenty of choices there.

This is fun Frozen Front. It is similar to the title Frontline Road to Moscow.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... free&hl=en

The new release Frontline The Longest Day might appeal as well.

This is good too Russian Front
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ront&hl=en

This might appeal Empire Deluxe
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... EApp&hl=en

This looks a lot like Axis and Allies
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .war&hl=en
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I can't say immediately how many of those are multiplayer hotseat, but, they are also basically the only good Android wargames as well.

All of the good ones ported to tablet seem to be on iOS.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

One game that comes to mind is more of a chesslike game than a wargame but from Matrix/Slitherine

Conquest Medieval Realms.

Panzer Corp Series

Steel Panthers: Generals Edition or any Steel Panthers for that matter. Free download of original old game.
Win Steel Panthers as well. It has a free download also.

Warlords IV. Not sure about fast play but it is pretty simple game and if you can play it fast you can probably finish a small skirmish in 2 hours.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I say it again: I'm looking for hot-seat multiplayer wargames released by Matrix for Windows 8.1 tablet. Panzer Corps does not have hot-seat MP. From now on check your posts and games you recommend before you hit OK button, please.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

I say it again: I'm looking for hot-seat multiplayer wargames released by Matrix for Windows 8.1 tablet. Panzer Corps does not have hot-seat MP. From now on check your posts and games you recommend before you hit OK button, please.

Better check again Panzer Corps DOES have Hotseat. At least on my machine it does. Click on (New Game) then click on scenario's then look at the middle top of box that popsup. Over to the right is a hotseat 'button'.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

The sad truth is Matt, Panzer Corps was the only one to be relevant to the specifically Windows 8.1 challenge.

I was able to run WitW but not without a mouse. You will likely need a bluetooth mouse one way or another.

The main difficulty is finding titles that have graphics you can even be able to be capable of seeing adequately.

Otherwise, you can pretty much play ALL of them.

I had some graphics troubles with Close Combat though.

I was able to play WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT, but not just by touch. And sometimes they are just not thrilling enough graphically shrunk down to a 7-8 inch screen.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

The Perfect General by Killerbee (so shoot me it's not Matrixgames[:D]) This game says Hotseat: Human vs Human I don't see the word multiplayer in any of them. But, I would think it's just assumed. If you play a turn and you want somebody sitting next to you play a turn I figure you just pass the tablet back n forth.

But, since you are bolding Multiplayer I'm assuming you want games that the other player can't see what you did in your turn other than what is already visible. Having played Warlords Hotseat with my 3 friends on one computer to me that meant multiplayer. Thus, my suggestion of Panzer Corp.

I don't see why you had to be such an azz about it though I was only trying to help and suggest things that might be of interest. I noticed several above me didn't even take into the fact you said "quick games". But, I'll leave you to it. I won't try to help you again in the future. Have a nice day kid. [:)]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Game should be playable with touchscreen without keyboard and preferably without a mouse either (my mouses don't fit in machine's Micro-USB socket and store didn't have any adapters available)

This might be a tough one. I tried a few games on my wife's Asus Win 8.1 tablet and they played fine, but in I wasn't able to do numerous game functions without having a mouse connected. I ended up using a micro-usb to usb adaptor and then using a regular wireless mouse. Or I could have just popped for a Bluetooth mouse as well. but it seems like most games have mouse controls that didn't lend themselves to touch control. Though maybe it's my lack of knowledge on touch controls.

Thanks
Rick
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Check out these John Tiller games, pretty much tick all the boxes, if you like the Tiller games "shake and take" that is :)

https://play.google.com/store/search?q= ... apps&hl=en

EDIT/
Sorry, you said your OS is W8.1
I still see tablet and think mobile phone with a bigger screen lol.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Better check again Panzer Corps DOES have Hotseat. At least on my machine it does. Click on (New Game) then click on scenario's then look at the middle top of box that popsup. Over to the right is a hotseat 'button'.
Oh yes, found it now! Thank you!

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

How about Battle Academy 2? I watched Let's Play videos on YouTube and that seems like reasonably playable. Question remains: is game playable with touchscreen ( = mouse & left-button) only

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”