Lots o dumb questions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

pvthudson01

Lots o dumb questions

Post by pvthudson01 »

Well Im not having much luck learning this game. Already stumped in the very first tutorial. i got to the part where I can ready my planes. I readied 4 tomcats. Went to eat dinner came back and when I click on the NAS Airport or whatever I can no longer see a "aircraft" button. So I have no way of getting back to the screen that shows me my planes and what they are doing because the button has been replaced by some other thing I dont remember because I exited out to start over

What did I do? Choose some other mode?

Also what is the point of drawing a rectangle around the B-17 Bombing range symbols and turning them from yellow diamonds to grey X's? I dont get that at all

Is the in game tutorial pop ups the only thing we have to go by? Not seeing anything in the manual

Also why is it a 4 gig download on steam but a 2 gig download if you download from Matrix?

Is the latest patch "Build 570?"
Matrix Member since 2003!
pvthudson01

RE: Lots o dumb questions

Post by pvthudson01 »

welp I figured out one...I was clicking on the wrong freaking airbase. BUT I still stand by my other stupid questions!
SerenitySteele

Post by SerenitySteele »

A yellow diamond on a reference point means it is selected, and an X means unselected. This matters when you use the mission editor. If you select "Add New Mission" from the Mission + Ref. Points menu, it will automatically use the selected reference points if applicable to the mission class you select. You can also deselect all reference points and add reference points (or define an area which creates four reference points in a box that your draw) from the same menu.

For the tutorials, you can find the same information that is in the pop-ups from the "Game -> Side Briefing" menu. However, most scenarios do not have pop-up information available in the side briefing or scenario information, so I would recommend having pop-ups displayed in your message log. You can do this in "Game -> Game Options -> Message Log -> Check 'Special Messages' for Show on Message Log."
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01
Is the in game tutorial pop ups the only thing we have to go by? Not seeing anything in the manual
I've got the texts of the three tutorials here:
http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Air_Tutorial
http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Sea_Tutorial
http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Sub_Tutorial

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Thanks Baloogan been watching your vids
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Cheers Pvt. Hudson [:)]

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01
Also why is it a 4 gig download on steam but a 2 gig download if you download from Matrix?

Is the latest patch "Build 570?"

Not sure about the download size difference; I do know that the matrix installer takes quite a bit of time to decompress all the data. Steam didn't need to have a special decompression stage so that might be it.

And yup, version 1.05 is Build 570. There is a Build 573 I think but there isn't too much difference between the two so if you have B570 you are good to go!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”