Removing German Heavy AA from cities

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

SigUp

Removing German Heavy AA from cities

Post by SigUp »

I've started a game with the Battleground Italy scenario as the German side and I've noticed that there are a number of German heavy AA battalions assigned to cities with airbases like Catania or Trapani. Is there a way to save those battalions? Because I don't see the X there is for the Italian AA units and also haven't found another way to send them elsewhere.
zakblood

RE: Removing German Heavy AA from cities

Post by zakblood »

use the editor? if they can't be moved, or wait for someone who knows the game better to give a maybe more correct answer
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: SigUp

I've started a game with the Battleground Italy scenario as the German side and I've noticed that there are a number of German heavy AA battalions assigned to cities with airbases like Catania or Trapani. Is there a way to save those battalions? Because I don't see the X there is for the Italian AA units and also haven't found another way to send them elsewhere.

Takes 15 APs to move the heavy German flak battalions due to the cost for crossing water (Italians are cheaper not sure what cost is though) so my guess is you don't have enough saved up. The x should appear once you have enough APs.

You can rail them to the ferry site for 1 AP and save them later, but the AP used to rail them is gone for good so might not be worth it. You can disband them for 1 AP to save the equipment, but again the AP cost might be too severe for that as well.

Jim
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

Thanks. I'm indeed under 15 APs. The Italians need 3. With production at 7% for the scenario disbanding them to save those 88s might be something worth pondering...
Omat

Post by Omat »

Hello

You can move the city aa units to an other city. Which cost 1 AP. But there mus be a landbridge. So can not "save" the aa on sicily. But the others on the mainland of Italy.

Omat

ORIGINAL: SigUp

Thanks. I'm indeed under 15 APs. The Italians need 3. With production at 7% for the scenario disbanding them to save those 88s might be something worth pondering...
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”