How to move a HQ and attached units?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

ETF

How to move a HQ and attached units?

Post by ETF »

Love this program - but there must be a short cut key to move all units attached to a HQ no?
I really dislike the micromanagement of trying to organize units. Any ideas how to do this? I do like the feature with the PANTHER Games where they draw lines and highlight units of the same command structure.

Thanks
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Antmf_slith

RE: How to move a HQ and attached units?

Post by Antmf_slith »

I believe if you Alt Click the parent company either on the screen or the notebook on the right side of screen under the OB tab it will then select all the units that are attached to parent company. Then you can move all units at one time via waypoints. Hope that answered your question.
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Control left click will on a hq will highlight all units under its command. Alt-Left Click will on a headquarters will highlight all units under the hq and then allow you to issue commands to all units in that command. Beware that this is not Command Ops and the units will move to the one way point set. You can then click on each unit and adjust the waypoints and fine tune the orders for that unit.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can use ALT / Click (i.e.Group Move) with the limited staff rule in effect.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

True, no group moves with limited staff on.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
ETF

Post by ETF »

Ah that is why gentleman I have limited staff rule on. Will have to shut that bad boy off. Thanks ALL!
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”