Advice needed

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

grab

Advice needed

Post by grab »

I am playing a Pbem game using the Rhino scenario. I am playing the Brits. I have now had several cases where armour firing from positions in built up areas have been destroyed by the soviet armour firing into the built up areas with the soviets suffering minimal loses. The worst case was 10 challengers in a town engaged by 10 soviet tanks in the open. At the end of the engagement all 10 challengers were destroyed for the lose of 1 soviet tank. So is there any terrain advantage built in or am I doing something wrong.

Gary
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
CapnDarwin

RE: Advice needed

Post by CapnDarwin »

Grab, can you post us any screen shots? Plus it would be good to know the state of the units (readiness, ammo, training,etc) of all involved. There are a ton of factors going into the calculations and sometimes you end up with bad luck too.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
grab

Post by grab »

I'll se what I can do but it won't be for a couple of days.
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

No problem. Charles ran several tests today and did not see anything out of the ordinary, so I would think your tanks had a bad day. That can happen.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”