[FIXED] Install issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ryszardsh

[FIXED] Install issue

Post by ryszardsh »

New computer [:D]
Install issue[8|]

W 8.1 fully updated. During install, after updating DirectX tries to update .Net framework and install stops with message that .Net is fully installed already as part of OS. Game install then "finishes" but game will not function from command.exe and no icons are installed on desktop.

Thoughts?

RAS
ryszardsh

RE: Install issue

Post by ryszardsh »

and install error pops message that reads as in attached jpeg file.

RAS
Attachments
screenshotfailure.jpg
screenshotfailure.jpg (262.15 KiB) Viewed 97 times
ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

and the referenced .Net problem information is pretty useless, attached.

RAS
Attachments
dotNetissue.txt
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Had similar problem. Solved it by turning off all anti spy and firewall programs unchecked the two boxes and it installed with no problem
ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

Jocko,

no joy on that solution. Unchecking with AV off gets same result - program does not complete install when "finish" is clicked...

RAS
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

What is the error you get when you click command.exe? During the install did you experience the unzipping process at the end?

if you get a spinner or an error try running the direct x update from the prerequisites folder.

Shortcut can be added by creating one (right click command.exe) .

Let us know how it goes. Want ti help

Mike

ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

What is the error you get when you click command.exe? During the install did you experience the unzipping process at the end?

if you get a spinner or an error try running the direct x update from the prerequisites folder.

Shortcut can be added by creating one (right click command.exe) .

Let us know how it goes. Want ti help

Mike

Mike

Appreciate the help.

The game seems to install as normal until it gets to the directX/.Net update process. DirectX runs a check, does an install and appears normal. Then system starts to run .Net install and the error in the attached screen grab (first attached file above) shows up. The link in that message leads to the content on the second file attached. NO unpacking of files occurs thereafter.

This is not the first time I have installed the game, probably the 5th or 6th time so I have some memory of how the process runs ( I just got an new i7 and speed is good)

RAS

PS I did not bother to add the shortcut myself - it was apparent I had an install problem.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

The first error message is telling you that .net is already installed. Try hitting close and let me know what happens.

You can run either from the prerequisites folder without having to go through a complete reinstall.

Thanks

Mike
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Try installing from inside the Windows Safe Mode. I was gifted a used ASUS notebook, set up by a third-party supposed Windows guru but as I install the games from my poor old Win-XP machine several game programs from Matrix and others have required this after getting error messages similar to that of the OP. Command installed fine but Espana-1936 and Hannabal-Terror of Rome (curiously alone of the AJE franchise) needed this solution. Only the install process seems to be the issue, once installed the games themselves run fine after booting into the regular Windows environment.

-C
ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

Try installing from inside the Windows Safe Mode. I was gifted a used ASUS notebook, set up by a third-party supposed Windows guru but as I install the games from my poor old Win-XP machine several game programs from Matrix and others have required this after getting error messages similar to that of the OP. Command installed fine but Espana-1936 and Hannabal-Terror of Rome (curiously alone of the AJE franchise) needed this solution. Only the install process seems to be the issue, once installed the games themselves run fine after booting into the regular Windows environment.

-C

If I just hit close on the .Net warning screen it takes me to the "finish" screen in attached capture. Click "finish", window closes, does not create any desktop icon at all. Attempting to run from command.exe directly gives me a very brief message "Command has stopped working" and nothing, program does not run.

??

RAS
Attachments
finishscreen.jpg
finishscreen.jpg (91.51 KiB) Viewed 90 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Okay go into your prerequisites and run dxsetup.exe

If you installed to the default location its typically here C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist\dxsetup.exe

This is the dx installer but your description of the issue makes it sound like a dx problem.

If that doesn't work try deleting the command.ini file and then restarting.

Let me know how it goes. Sorry for some of the repetitive stuff just trying to knock off things it could be.

Mike
ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

deleting .ini and restart worked. dunno why but [:D]

Thanx

RAS
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Good news [:)]

Thanks!