Problems while egistering with the multiplayer server

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Lictuel

Problems while egistering with the multiplayer server

Post by Lictuel »

Hello,

I just bought WitW and wanted to create an account for server games using the in game interface. I encountered a problem doing so.
I'm from Germany and my system is in German as is my key mapping. When trying to enter an email address I can not enter an @ sign. with German key mapping that sign is typed pressing Alt Gr key plus Q. When doing that nothing appears in the test box. So I thought fair enough just change to an English key mapping and use that. It seems though that WitW ignores the selected key mapping. When i have an English key mapping on and press shift + 2 in e.g. my browser an @ sign appears in WitW only quotation marks appear, which is what you get with the German key mapping.

Is there a way for me to either either change the key mapping used by the game or to create a server account outside of the game?

Thanks in advance
Qwixt

RE: Problems while egistering with the multiplayer server

Post by Qwixt »

Did you try cut (control+c) and pasting (control+v) from text file? Sometimes right-click will bring up a menu for paste if the ctrl+v does not work.

For example, copy "myemail@someserver.com" and paste into the registration text box.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

tm.asp?m=3754579

second one with same error, i'd post in the tech forum so you get it seen as it maybe a bug or mistake etc
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I don't think clipboard is active in the game.

The fastest way imho would be to install english keyboard and use shift-2 to enter it. I should get saved off into wirServer.dat so you can get back to the German keyboard.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Copy past does not work, I already tried that. Also I have an English keyboard installed, I tried changing to it and enter the @ using it, in my browser it works to press shift+2 and get an @ not in WitW though.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Afaik, we had some German testers playing MP games. I hope they will come to help you.
Pavel Zagzin
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

It would also be okay for me if I could just registered the key with the matrix website account and log in with that one. As far as I can see logging in is done via a user name not an email address after all.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Good luck.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Try registering your serial via the web here - you need a Slitherine account for the multiplayer server.

http://www.slitherine.com/

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Thanks a lot, that worked for me.
ogre

Post by ogre »

I'm not sure if this will work, but can give it a try. There should be a way to execute an ASCII character command. For example, on my keyboard (U.S.), when I hold down the alt key I can use the numeric keypad to command an ASCII character. The ASCII number for "@" is "64". So if I hold down the alt key and type "64" (no quotes) on the numeric pad, I get the @.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I'm not sure if this will work, but can give it a try. There should be a way to execute an ASCII character command. For example, on my keyboard (U.S.), when I hold down the alt key I can use the numeric keypad to command an ASCII character. The ASCII number for "@" is "64". So if I hold down the alt key and type "64" (no quotes) on the numeric pad, I get the @.

Thanks for the hint. I didn't know it and it works :)
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Tech Support”