just boubght into WitP

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chicharito19

just boubght into WitP

Post by Chicharito19 »

Well I took the plunge late last night so had not really played. I got patched up to Beta patch 7. I had lookedmat screenshots several bids and tutorials. The thing that didit for me was tthe AARs. So I never got the impression that I wouldnot be able to see it .

I am legally blind and sometimes use a magnifier. But Il have played Command Ops , CMANO, Steam and Iron, Civil War 2 with no issues . Occasionaly I will use the Windows magnifier or a handheld magnifier. But most often Ijust sit closer to the screen . I do need a monitor larger than my 17in. But that doesn't really help if the font is as it is in WitP. Right now I have a hard time with the font.

I have it set to full screen using the command line options. That doesn't help much . But I'll continue to work on it hoping it will work out that I'll be able to get a better "view".
witpqs

RE: just boubght into WitP

Post by witpqs »

Welcome aboard!

It's not a total solution, but try the alternate font, which is a little larger. Here is that switch:
-altFont

It goes outside the double-quotation marks after the end of the executable in the shortcut.

Are you playing in windowed mode or full screen? If you are playing in full screen then you might try windowed and see if it is closer to your own screen settings (I'm not sure if it is or not).
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I supposedly have no issues with my sight but find the alternate font much easier to read. Make sure you are maximizing your screen size also. As with the font there are switches you can dink around with to set this.
Chicharito19

Post by Chicharito19 »

Thank for the help. I'll give them a try and let you know how it goes.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Chicharito -

Stick with it; there is always a way to resolve every issue we face in life.

There are many knowledgeable players (of whom witpqs is one), who know all the technical aspects of this game in particular, and computers in general; you are sure to find help.

Welcome aboard!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Chicharito19

I am legally blind and sometimes use a magnifier. But Il have played Command Ops , CMANO, Steam and Iron, Civil War 2 with no issues . Occasionaly I will use the Windows magnifier or a handheld magnifier. But most often Ijust sit closer to the screen . I do need a monitor larger than my 17in. But that doesn't really help if the font is as it is in WitP. Right now I have a hard time with the font.

I have it set to full screen using the command line options. That doesn't help much . But I'll continue to work on it hoping it will work out that I'll be able to get a better "view".

Chicharito19, I understand completely. I wear glasses and can't see much without them. You have my admiration. Keep in mind, you could spend a lot of time staring at the screen. But try the -altFont switch as witpqs suggests....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

Welcome!

In your case you might consider a computer projector.
If you have a wall about 10 feet away to project to.

An HD 2d projector with a PC input would work.

I believe there are some players who use a projector for gaming.
Maybe they could help you.

K
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

I just bought it also. Having a hard time getting it to fill my computer screen. I have 1600X900 desktop resolution. What is the switch for something approximating that? Is 1600X900 supported? THANKS!
Reg

Post by Reg »

A tip for getting keeping the text readable is to use the default (lowest) resolution and display it full screen. The monitor will enlarge the picture and text to fill the screen. (A bigger monitor helps here enormously - they are a lot cheaper these days). The down side of this is you have a smaller portion of the map on the screen and you will have to scroll more.

Higher resolutions cover a larger part of the map but just make the graphics and text smaller.

The suggestions above are great too. (Love the projector idea).[:)]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Chicharito19

Post by Chicharito19 »

Hi Deleware,

In looking through the readme file I found the -px -py. There are other switches such as -f for full screen. I just did a find (CTRL-F) and was able to find the switches that were also recommended earlier in the thread.

That being said, the -altFont switch, while not perfect, did help. Thanx gents. I just wish it was a liiitle bigger. [:)][:)][:)] But I think I can at least start to learn and play.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Delaware

I just bought it also. Having a hard time getting it to fill my computer screen. I have 1600X900 desktop resolution. What is the switch for something approximating that? Is 1600X900 supported? THANKS!

Look in the game install folder, top level. The readme.rtf file has all of the switches and explanations of how to use them. It also has all of the patch notes up through the last official patch. The notes for the beta patches are in the Tech Support sub-form in the beta thread.

If you use the readme.rtf for the switch syntax, do not cut & paste the resolution codes. There's a misprint on the hyphen for the -px -py codes. Manually insert a real hyphen from your keyboard.
The Moose
Reg

Post by Reg »

Have a look at this thread. It's a bit long winded but should contain posts that answer any questions you might have regarding switches.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3603382

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

You cam always come back for help, this place is more forgiving than the new testament.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Delaware - I thought I was the only person from Delaware.

Andy M
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Chicharito19

Well I took the plunge late last night so had not really played. I got patched up to Beta patch 7. I had lookedmat screenshots several bids and tutorials. The thing that didit for me was tthe AARs. So I never got the impression that I wouldnot be able to see it .

Playing this game, sometimes I think I'm illegally blind. [:(]

Delaware

Post by Delaware »

There are many of us! And at least one other guy emailed me playing this game because HE was from Delaware.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

There are many of us! And at least one other guy emailed me playing this game because HE was from Delaware.

I was in Delaware for a couple of minutes once . . .
The Moose
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

You cam always come back for help, this place is more forgiving than the new testament.

That is for sure. Well, I finally got it running at the resolution I wanted. So now to learn how to play!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

I was in Delaware for a couple of minutes once . . .

Yeah, I go over that bridge when I'm heading south on I-95. That's Delaware, ain't it? I don't know, blink my eyes and miss it[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

That is for sure. Well, I finally got it running at the resolution I wanted. So now to learn how to play!

Say good-bye to life as you knew it.[:'(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”