[1.9.5.9] Building ships without the pre-requisite technology

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

bandusdr

[1.9.5.9] Building ships without the pre-requisite technology

Post by bandusdr »

I am not entirely sure what caused this bug, however, I loaded some saved ships design into a brand new game in which I started "pre-warp."

Shortly after starting, I received an advisor suggestion to colonize a planet. This was a surprise because I had no buildable colony ships since I had not yet researched any form of hyperdrive or colonization. I double checked and I had not "found" any colony ships either.

Ultimately, I approved it to see what would happen and a ship with hyperdrive, reactors, and several other components I did not have the tech for began building at my homeworld.
Bingeling

RE: [1.9.5.9] Building ships without the pre-requisite technology

Post by Bingeling »

It could probably be stopped, but it is pretty much your own fault for building your own (loaded) incomplete colony ship design.

If you did indeed not have a buildable colony ship design you would not build one. So you had that, but without the colonization module that is kind of key to the design.
bandusdr

Post by bandusdr »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

It could probably be stopped, but it is pretty much your own fault for building your own (loaded) incomplete colony ship design.

If you did indeed not have a buildable colony ship design you would not build one. So you had that, but without the colonization module that is kind of key to the design.

Indeed, I scrapped the build to prevent what seems to be a bug.

Perhaps I am confused. I loaded in a bunch of designs I have used from a past game. I am only able to build the ones that I have the technology for. However, my advisor suggested that I colonize a planet. If I choose to approve that suggestion, I am suddenly able to build a ship that I do not have the technology for.

I am unclear as to how that is my fault. First, why would the advisor suggest I build a ship that isn't one of my "currently buildable designs" and second how is my shipyard even able to build it when I clearly am missing pre-requisite technologies?

The way I see it, the advisor should never have suggested it in the first place (one bug) and my shipyard surely should not have been able to build components I lacked the technology for (second bug).

Or am I missing something?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I have not seen what you do, but I assume what happen is:

1: You got a buildable colony ship design.

2: The adviser sees a buildable colony ship design, and things "we can colonize!". Bad on him and not checking that you have not made a colony ship design with no colony module.

As far as I know, the whole point of loading designs is that it will build designs where you lack some pieces. That way the various gizmos will appear when they become available (countermeasures, damage control, and friends).

It is probably a bug, though, since it does not meet the requirements for a colony ship. It appears to be more picky about saving them than loading them.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Hi Bandus

Thanks for this report

This is fixed in the next update.

Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”