Air Losses

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

JocMeister

Air Losses

Post by JocMeister »

Not sure I really understand how this works.

During the air execution phase my losses are rising rapidly. Last turn (Husky) it listed 58 Allied losses. But when the air execution is over and I go into the commanders report the numbers don´t add up. In reality I´ve only suffered a fraction of the losses listed during the air execution phase. [&:]

Sorry for the lack of screens but for some reason I can´t take any. WitW returns them as completely black.
zakblood

RE: Air Losses

Post by zakblood »

are you using the windows screenshot tool or game one?

as some games don't let you use the windows screenshot button while others do, so maybe you need the game one?

manual screenshot button is, well need manual for one[:D][;)]

losses will always be high until you master air superiority, so send if more units to support and take out fights to start off with, mind you i haven't got it as yet, but that's how it works in most games of the war for this period tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Ah, the question was rather why the numbers don´t add up. Not why I lose AC. [:)]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah ok, i'll go off and hide back to my lurker corner then___________________________>
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

More details with save would help to provide better answer.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi JocMeister,

They should add up - it would help a lot if you could show a screenshot and upload a save of what you are seeing so that we can help you try to figure it out.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
offenseman

Post by offenseman »

Joc, I worked the tutorial yesterday and was appalled by the turn one losses----- then I remembered it was 7 days worth of losses compared to the 1 or 2 days in an AE turn. All seemed well with the world at that point. [:)] Perhaps like myself, you are simply used to the smaller time frame turns
Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Sadly the screens all came out black and I´ve overwritten the save when I restarted the Scenario (after suffering the humiliation of a draw [:D]). Havn´t happened again so I´m starting to think I probably mixed up two different saves or something.

If I do encounter it again I´ll make sure to upload the save.

Thanks for your support! [:)]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”