Reading manual in Ipad

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

zombiewarrior07

Reading manual in Ipad

Post by zombiewarrior07 »

Hi,
I would like to be able to read the War in The West PDF players book and game manual in my IPad mini, but seem unable to do so.
I tried emailing it to my email account as an attachment, and opening from there to read, but the file is too large, so no go.

I then tried sending it to my Kindle, and then opening it in the IPad version of Kindle, but it doesn't appear in the IPad Kindle library. Apparently a special file format (.mobi) is required to be read in Kindle.

Any suggestions, please?

Is there a way to convert PDF to Kindle format, for example? Is there any chance a Kindle version of the game manuals could be provided to owners of WITW, such as myself?

Thanks for any help with this. [:)]

Greg.
zakblood

RE: Reading manual in Ipad

Post by zakblood »

not really a support question tbh as a Google search would give a better answer

Google PDF to Kindle format

these are simple basic formats to change and yes they work, just pick a free one that doesn't charge you to unlock, so look for free
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zombiewarrior07

Thanks for your reply, I did try a Google search and found something called 'Calibre' to convert PDF to Kindle format.
This seemed to work in converting the file to Kindle format. However, the challenge seems to be in getting the Ipad version of Kindle to accept the file, as it has not yet appeared in my Ipad library.
Will persist and see how I go.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I don't have an iPad mini, but could you not e-mail the PDF to your iPad or sync it there with iTunes from your PC?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mesquite5

Post by mesquite5 »

I use a pdf reader app for my Ipad. The one I use is PDFReader Pro, but there are many at the App store. to get the manual to the Ipad I use dropbox. I keep manuals to all my games on the IPad.
Remmes

Post by Remmes »

The advised methode to read the manual on an iPad would be to transfer the pdf file via iTunes; but i don't like this program. You can also upload the manual to your Google drive (free) and open it from there using iBooks which stores the file on the iPad. I used the Google drive thing and it worked perfectly.
zombiewarrior07

Well, after much trial and error, I managed to get this sorted.
I set up drop box on the Ipad and my PC, dragged the files into there, then opened up drop box on the Ipad and exported to the Reader (iBooks).
Seems to work fine now.

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions, much appreciated.

Now, to read the manuals and learn how to play this monster!...
[:)]
ByronBond

Post by ByronBond »

zombiewarrior <---- Glad you figured it how. That's exactly how I do it, and I keep all my Matrix manuals on my iPad.

BTW - I am JUST starting learning this one too, so I'll just note that if you have not seen them already, be sure to watch the tutorial videos and start with the "players manual" instead of the full rulebook.

ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Dropbox is the way to go (IMO). I use it for work and for Combat Mission, so adding game manuals to it as pdf's to read in my spare time (Kindle Fire HD) is a snap.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

Return to “Tech Support”