Multiplayer games

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Spartan07

Multiplayer games

Post by Spartan07 »

Hi,
Game looks great but for it to work for me I need a human opponent.
There doesn't seem to be many people playing multiplayer. Is there a reason for that? How does multiplayer play,ok?
Mike
Mike - Nego
Alex1812

RE: Multiplayer games

Post by Alex1812 »

ORIGINAL: Nego
There doesn't seem to be many people playing multiplayer. Is there a reason for that? How does multiplayer play,ok?
Mike
Hi,
Yes, not so many people playing MP games. However I currently have 7 PBEM++ battles in progress [:)]. It is not so easy to win versus human, maybe this is the reason to play vs AI for many guys, who knows...

Also some or maybe all MP scenarios need balance tweaks. It is hard to win for NATO player. In HL_AS 3rd Herd Soviet aviation is too strong, in HS_AS Eyes, Ears and Teeth Soviet side has a lot of strong SAM units, in HS_WGS The Pied Piper Soviet has so many tanks, how to stop it?

Finally I must say that multiplayer games are playing great. They really fun and this game has one of the best MP system. Just try it.
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
pekische

Post by pekische »

I agree MP is the best way how to play this game. Although it needs some tweaks.... Nego, write me private message, I will be glad to play with you ;)
taffthomas

Post by taffthomas »

Played lots of PBEM games (Napoleonic) Agree with the above the games need tweaking.
How would you create a scenario that is more balanced please
pekische

Post by pekische »

First there should be much more larger start-up area for initial positioning unlike SP. Otherwise enemy knows your positions, he could spam arty and he could fair exactly estimate your initial strategy and moving.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Playing against a human player works just fine.

Playing the AI is easy to do. Playing a human player much harder. It's that simple why there are more people playing the AI.

You want to play the AI? Sit down and start the game.

You want to play a human? Find them, determine how you will play, setup the game, do orders - either hotseat or PBEM,etc...etc...etc...

It's simply a matter of convenience in most cases.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

If you log in you can find quite a few challenges all ready to go. I'm playing one right now - my first try at PBEM with this game. If you'd like a game, send me a pm and I'd be happy to play anything. My slitherene ID is the same "ultradave" as here.

I think the PBEM sequence words great and you can get a game completed in a pretty reasonable period of time if each player can send a turn about once a day (+/-).

BTW I'm not picky at all about game speed. Everyone has a real life :-)
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
taffthomas

Post by taffthomas »

I think I put that badly I was asking what parameters would I use to to give a more balanced game when creating a scenario for PBEM( Unit VP's?)I was hoping my 25 years in the military would help but being a ex- Submariner don't seem to give me any pointers<G>
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

How to create better Head to Head scenarios would depend on where you think the Head to Head scenarios are weak.

Also, there is a section on scenario design. I'm sure you can get pointers there or get answers to questions there possibly quicker than out here in the general forum.

tt.asp?forumid=1314

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
ETF

Post by ETF »

Ok I have been away from the game for a while. I agree playing against an AI is great for my ego but lets face it AI's are well............simple.

Problem IIRC with PBEM in this program (IMHO)- only one of us can be doing a turn at once correct? Nothing like speed turns or LAN file sharing at the same time? I have to WAIT for my opponent to send me my turn BEFORE I can work on mine? Or is it the more modern version (not sure if I can say that with PBEM lol as I was playing with this in the late 80's)where we do a WEGO turns AND WEGO turn computation?

Thanks
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
taffthomas

Post by taffthomas »

How on earth did I miss that. I mean the clue is in the title Thanks MR will continue on that sub forum

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”