SNLF Question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Q-Ball

SNLF Question

Post by Q-Ball »

I'm not that familiar with the SNLF, and I'm just curious from a historical standpoint why units from some Naval bases are more elite than others.

I know units were created at the major Home Naval bases in Japan (Sasebo, Kure, Yokosuka, Maizuru), and the game OOB reflects a difference in quality. The boys from Yokosuka were clearly the elite. The other "Base" units were better than generic Naval Guard Units, which for the most part were pretty indifferent in quality.

Just curious why, if anyone knows
bush

RE: SNLF Question

Post by bush »

These units were NOT the "Marines" of the IJN. They had a different job and were not elite.
Rising-Sun

RE: SNLF Question

Post by Rising-Sun »

I am pretty sure they are marines, or mixed with engineers, etcs. Not sure which one or when they were formed, they are tough and had to be elites if they fought some battles with the Chinese. So having two years or more in combat experiences, pretty much they are elites. That why they are called Special Naval Landing Forces. Remind me of invasions of Singapore, those boys know what to do and how to do it.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”