Ready pilots

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

McGib

Ready pilots

Post by McGib »

One of my army fighter squadrons went a little overboard in its personal requistions, it showed 52 ready pilots for only 3 a/c in the squadron. Not game effecting really, but I thought this rather odd. BTW patched to 2.20
Ready Aye Ready
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

There is a P-39/P-400 squadron at the beginning of the game that does this. It starts with over 50 pilots. It also doesn't ever seem to draw 24 aircraft. It's a known "peculiar feature".

Be advised, that I think there is something whacky in the way disbaded/withdrawn units disperse their pilots. Over the course of my PBEM game, I now have several units (that have absorbed smaller squadrons) that now have in excess of 40 pilots. Like I said, I think it has to do with a bug in the withdraw/disband routine that bumps up the number of pilots. Matrix is aware of this, but a fix has been elusive. It's also not THAT big a deal, so it hasn't recieved much priority.

The actual advantage of the pilot-heavy squadrons is that you can fly them at 100% CAP all the time. There are plenty of pilots, so they're actually only flying every couple of days. Granted the experience of the pilots goes up slower (more guys flying fewer missions), but again, putting the whole squadron in the air every day, isn't a bad thing either.

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Return to “Tech Support”