Patch 3.01 Bugs

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
RHamper

Patch 3.01 Bugs

Post by RHamper »

I've got this game (3.01) running on a Toshiba laptop, Core 2 Duo, 2.13 GHz, 4 MB RAM without any modification to the compatability of the start file. I have to say it was a lot easier to get this version running than 2.22!

I have noted the following:

1. The hex outline button is now mapped as the scenario details button.

2. The intelligence reports are always empty.
OK NOT A BUG, FOUND FRANK'S EXPLANATION (FULL FOG ONLY)
UPDATE: Frank's explanation doesn't seem to be true at the moment. I'm in full fog in a new scenario and there are NO reports.

3. When searching for corps commanders and they are found within a unit stack, I can't make the leader come to the top of the stack. I could do this in 2.x by left mouse click (or right, can't remember). Now to issue orders I have to scroll thru the stack to get to the commander I need to issue orders to.

4.I'm into Oct. 6th of the 1805 Ulm scenario and it is continually running into an error on this day for some reason. I've even reverted to earlier save and it repeated the error. It is an access error. The battle doesn't play out and I'm left hanging on the blue army units screen.

5. PBEM game. Can't even get it off the ground. When the Austrian player goes to start his first turn and picks the PBEM file, an error comes up. See attachment 1. It's an obvious file path error. Why would there be anything after \SAVEDGAMES? Certainly not a .bmp file as indicated in the error. This is a repeatable bug.

6. Not sure if this is a bug or just a new thing for the new game, but the supply trains are no longer shown in the window at the lower right. Not at any time. Not when they are formed and not later as they are moving. Also, the supply window closes after the first train is allocated forcing you to keep opening the supply window. Very annoying.

7. Jump map gets halfway lost on the lower edge of the game windowm meaning you can only see the top half of the jump map. It wasn't like that at the start of the scenario.

8. Units in the 1809 vs. Berthier scenario displaying incorrectly. See attachment in another message here.
Attachments
CotD pbem error.jpg
CotD pbem error.jpg (35.6 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Agathosdaimon

RE: Patch 3.01 Bugs

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Heya
thanks for posting this - i recommend PM frank on this as i dont see much attention ever given to this forum section (if you post in the fast reply section you cant attach anything, but if you post via the 'post reply' button it may give you the option - unless as you say there is some delay before you have the option to do so
RHamper

Post by RHamper »

I did send Frank a message saying that I posted a bug report, but I guess I could just send it all to him. My intention was to create a living list of bugs and errors that I, or others,might find.
RHamper

Post by RHamper »

Added a couple of more findings.

Attachment here for incorrect unit display.
Attachments
units.jpg
units.jpg (145.89 KiB) Viewed 257 times
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Hi, thanks for the bug reports, that really will help.

I uploaded a new version of Danube last weekend but it hasn't been made available yet I guess.

I found most of the bugs that are listed above, some just coming across as I played it, but I didn't catch the PBEM bug. Its possible that was fixed along the way so to speak but I will check to see if that was the case and if not I will post a new version to replace last week's version if not posted in the meantime.

Here's a list

1. Overview map should now allow player to jump to a location on main map
2. Fixed other orders screwing up when a partial order was sent.
3. Fixed crash in battle
4. Fixed problem with a couple of bridges over the Danube not allowing units to cross
5. Fixed problem of loading saved games within the game (this may have inadvertently fixed the PBEM problem)
6. Fixed the display of incorrect unit types
7. When using the Find feature to locate a corps commander that counter is now placed on top of the stack

- Because some of the fixes are data, not code, saved games made with prior versions won’t load.

Besides PBEM I will also check your #2 and #6 in the list above.

Thank you!

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thank you very much for these fixes - they sound comprehensive with the issues raised - look forward to the update
cheers
tombo

Post by tombo »

+1...good to here.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Hi, thanks for the bug reports, that really will help.

I uploaded a new version of Danube last weekend but it hasn't been made available yet I guess.

I found most of the bugs that are listed above, some just coming across as I played it, but I didn't catch the PBEM bug. Its possible that was fixed along the way so to speak but I will check to see if that was the case and if not I will post a new version to replace last week's version if not posted in the meantime.

Here's a list

1. Overview map should now allow player to jump to a location on main map
2. Fixed other orders screwing up when a partial order was sent.
3. Fixed crash in battle
4. Fixed problem with a couple of bridges over the Danube not allowing units to cross
5. Fixed problem of loading saved games within the game (this may have inadvertently fixed the PBEM problem)
6. Fixed the display of incorrect unit types
7. When using the Find feature to locate a corps commander that counter is now placed on top of the stack

- Because some of the fixes are data, not code, saved games made with prior versions won’t load.

Besides PBEM I will also check your #2 and #6 in the list above.

Thank you!

Had game freezes several times when going to battle, battle screen comes up but after hitting 'Continue' nothing else happens. The map is still active behind the battle info box, but no further action.

Shame because the coalition army is so close to being surrounded, if I could just get to battle.[;)]

I have the auto-saves if it helps, but can't post on the forum so here is a screen shot, hopefully the next patch will help.[:)]
Attachments
CotDBug01.jpg
CotDBug01.jpg (184.89 KiB) Viewed 255 times
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Another problem I have seen is the Austrian Artillery units' icon being used for French Cavalry units, this is in '1809 Variant Charles Original Plan'.

Attachments
ArtilleryCavalry.jpg
ArtilleryCavalry.jpg (196.86 KiB) Viewed 252 times

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Same '1809 Variant Charles Original Plan' with what seems to be incorrect national icons, for both French and Austrian Units. Maybe BlacK Ops, Brandenburg units, to sow confusion.[:D]

Attachments
CotDBug004.jpg
CotDBug004.jpg (92.92 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

these issues may be resolved in the upcoming patch, there is some info in another thread -new version uploaded, thread

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube Support”