[Q] Beta release schedules

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

nocacounsel

[Q] Beta release schedules

Post by nocacounsel »

Knowing how hard all of you developers (and beta testers) work to fix every last bug in Command, is there any way to humbly request that the beta release stream (via Steam at least) be increased? I see 1.05 was released on 9/26/14 and 1.05 beta 2 on 10/7/14, but nothing since then though it seems a huge number of fixes have been implemented.

Having a higher beta release cycle might remove some pressure to release another build of Command (which we all look forward to--and for me mostly because of the fixes) and would also allow us/the users in the forum to focus on new bugs instead of rehashing/re-reporting new-but-often-fixed bugs which must be annoying at times.

Thank you for considering this appeal (and please smash me minimally for any perceived insolence which is not intended).
mikmykWS

RE: Beta release schedules

Post by mikmykWS »

This cycle had some major software engineering involved so we thought it best to keep it internal. In the end maybe we would have been ok with a beta release but the tea leaves wheren't read that way

In the future we'll continue to do our thing the way we see fit. If you do want earlier access consider joining the beta team the next time we open it. That is the primary benefit[:)]

Thanks

Mike
nocacounsel

RE: Beta release schedules

Post by nocacounsel »

Thanks very much for the explanation & consideration, Mike. Reading the 1.06 features list, I figured (or at least hoped) that might've taken precedence this time around.

Much appreciated!

Return to “Tech Support”