WOTY edition boxed

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

davidoux

WOTY edition boxed

Post by davidoux »

Hello,

does the boxed version contains a printed-out and up to date game manual ?

Regards,

david
Rudd

RE: WOTY edition boxed

Post by Rudd »

1. Yes on paper manual
2. Probably not up to date as features are added frequently! There is an addendum.
3. Should be The Best Wargame Ever Edition
4. Reason for anybody that hasn't, to get off the fence tm.asp?m=3747958
davidoux

Post by davidoux »

Hello Rudd,

I know there is a sale and that's why I am considering buying it,
I am hesitating buying the boxed edition or not for the manual but I 'd like to know if the manual is at
least up to date with latest features included in the WOTY edition
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Basically, there is no way any printed manual could keep up with development speed of Command. Game is evolving so quickly that addendums would bee needed at least weekly bases.

So, as a short answer, with game like this, printed manual will never be up to date.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

davidoux

Post by davidoux »

So, as a short answer, with game like this, printed manual will never be up to date.

I know that it is impossible to be perfectly up to date with an ever evolving title,
that's why I am asking if the manual is on par with the version corresponding to the WOTY re-edition
(that was released 26th september 2014)
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

I'm fairly sure as things currently are that the printed manual is the one that was released with the original version. The updates have extensive documentation (electronic) that are mostly supplementary (added features etc.) rather than replacing the original design. I'd say the manual is still highly relevant but not a complete picture of the wide ranging tools and features available to command forces and/or construct scenarios.

Personally I'm glad I got the printed manual originally (this and WITP:AE !) but it's far from my only reading either on the interface or naval warfare (though the manual is helpful for both)

Chris
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

Actually forget that... you can make up your own mind here:

Link to manual and addendum... click here

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”