level 1.01 game --big problems

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

zoot

level 1.01 game --big problems

Post by zoot »

Just replayed the game as Central powers. I won in October 1914. If you like a game that's over in six turns this is for you. I hope Aego
d pays attention and fixes this latest patch. I liked the game before the patch, at least I got to play thru 1917.
thomas cook
morganbj

RE: level 1.01 game --big problems

Post by morganbj »

I posted this in the Ageod formoms last week. A beta tester came on and said that it's proof that the Schlieffen Plan worked! It happened to me every time for five or six games. Man, I MUST be good!

My experience with Ageod is that it's never a fault with the game but the player, even when you post save games, log files, etc.

So to test the Beta tester's theory, I played another scenario where there was no Schlieffen Plan. Magically, I made it to mid-1915, then I won. I had no German troops in France, and I hadn't even taken Warsaw from the Russians.

But, I think I found the problem. The victory screen said I won 8334 to 6296. But the Entente score should have been 8632 if the Russian points were added in. The WE had 6296 by themselves.

So I looked closer. The Western NM was 55. When reading the automatic victory conditions again, I suspect it's possible that I won a NM victory. Okay, that's fine, but why?

Well, for the better part of six months the French in particular sent wave after wave against Thionville (sp?) and Metz. They must have lost major NM with these attacks. The attacks began again in Spring 1915. More massive losses for them, and, apparently, more big NM losses. I think they just committed national suicide.

I never had this problem before they made combat bloodier, so I think this causes the large loss of NM when they slaughter themselves against my fortresses. This could be easily fixed if someone at Ageod actually played the game to see not a play tester like the one that responded to me who was from Germany, and probably a bit biased). As a side, in all my games I NEVER took one region of France, so how can that be a victory under any circumstance?

Sadly, I expect a "well it must be blah blah blah" from Ageod and nothing will be done. I hope otherwise.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
zoot

Post by zoot »

Aegod is looking into the problem of these quick wins. It does seem to be linked to the successive assaults that the French make and the vast amount
of units they leave behind.
thomas cook
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

The AI remains essentially inept - the worst AI, by far, of any AGEOD game.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I guess I'm glad I have not played CP side. My games have been interesting.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

ORIGINAL: zoot

Aegod is looking into the problem of these quick wins. It does seem to be linked to the successive assaults that the French make and the vast amount
of units they leave behind.
I hope they fix it, because now that the crashes have become much less frequent, I've come to like this game's potential. I REALLY want to play it from beginning to end (as long as the end isn't too soon.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

Pocus stated this is a bug having to do with casualties and failure to retreat or something. Expect a quick fix this week. Little surprised this wasn't picked up during testing for the last patch...I mean, it was an open beta right?
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

I have found Ageod to be very good about admitting problems with their games, and Pocus said on the Ageod forum that they are working on a patch to fix the quick victory problem.

I have brought problems to their attention about the Hannibal expansion to AJE, specifically that Hannibal was nerfied and unable to destroy Roman armies. it took a few months, but they fixed it.

I do not think that a beta tester really speaks for the company. Pocus and PhilThib have always been good at fixing the problems I have brought before them, as has Franciscus.

Return to “To End All Wars Series”