Suggestion - Pz III M turret skirts

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

Santini

Suggestion - Pz III M turret skirts

Post by Santini »

Any chance someone more able than I feels like copying the turret skirts from the IIIN turret and applying it to the IIIM?

It has the stats for them, but doesn't actually show in game
Santini

RE: Suggestion - Pz III M turret skirts

Post by Santini »

huh, following the settings in tm.asp?m=1812764 I get a file slightly bigger, and invisible turrets.
'

did the settings change?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: BrotherJayne

huh, following the settings in tm.asp?m=1812764 I get a file slightly bigger, and invisible turrets.
'

did the settings change?

What program are you using? I'm not sure but I think Mobius uses Autodesk? and Spellir maybe Fragmotion? Maybe one of them has an idea, or maybe Stridor might, I think he still drops in here from time to time. JMass might also, though I don't know which program he used.

Rick
Santini

Post by Santini »

I'm using milkshape
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

If you are going to modify the turret you only have to import, change then export turret.x or the summer_turret.x not the entire tank.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Santini

Post by Santini »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

If you are going to modify the turret you only have to import, change then export turret.x or the summer_turret.x not the entire tank.

Yeah, I attempted that

My big idea was import the pz iii n turret, then warp the gunpiece to stretch it out to 50mm L/60 size... however, it came out 2kb bigger than the original

And then I tried just importing the turret, then exporting it, and same thing happened (with no changes)

So something about the format is different

Oh, and Mobius, x100 thanks for the reply, you rock at this stuff :-)
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I don't know how milkshake works but from what I heard from people using fragmotion is there is a scale factor that they use to import and export. That changes the size.
Now the easiest thing to do is just edit the xml and take out the space factors for the turret.

If I was to change the model I would just import the PZIII M turret and build the skirts from scratch.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: BrotherJayne

Any chance someone more able than I feels like copying the turret skirts from the IIIN turret and applying it to the IIIM?

The easy way (with fragMOTION, at least) is to import the Pz IIIN turret, delete all but the skirts and save them in another file, to import the Pz IIIM turret and then to merge with it the skirts, eventually to move and/or to zoom them to set them correctly.
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

I uploaded the Pz III M with turret skirt to the PzC:O maps/mods sub forum.

I also made a flammpanzer III model for that pack too. And a new scenario for them.
test

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”