Security div corps HQ

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

GreenGoblin1898

Security div corps HQ

Post by GreenGoblin1898 »

Hi. I'm playing the Road to Leningrad scenario. At the start you (axis) get two security divisions, which can be broken up into regiments to use as garrisons. I'm wondering, what am I supposed to do with the single HQ unit which comes with the divisions? Obviously, the security regiments are going to be spread out all over the map, so most will be out of range surely?

Thanks.
Disgruntled Veteran

RE: Security div corps HQ

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

ORIGINAL: GreenGoblin1898

Hi. I'm playing the Road to Leningrad scenario. At the start you (axis) get two security divisions, which can be broken up into regiments to use as garrisons. I'm wondering, what am I supposed to do with the single HQ unit which comes with the divisions? Obviously, the security regiments are going to be spread out all over the map, so most will be out of range surely?

Thanks.

They don't need to be in range really. Most people eventually disband the RHG HQ's as they are near worthless.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Disgruntled Veteran

ORIGINAL: GreenGoblin1898

Thanks.

They don't need to be in range really. Most people eventually disband the RHG HQ's as they are near worthless.

Don't disband anything until after 41/42 winter.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

Post by morvael »

Range to first HQ doesn't affect leader rolls. Only supply is affected. These days you can attach cavalry and independent brigades and regiments to RHG. Maybe they can be put to some use like digging?
cmunson

Post by cmunson »

These days you can attach cavalry and independent brigades and regiments to RHG.

Moravel, that was a great new feature. Thanks for adding. Slightly off topic but was there ever any consideration of adding some garrison benefit from large HQ's? They have so many men most of whom were armed in at least some way. Seems like 20k men ought to have more than zero garrison capacity.
Chris
morvael

Post by morvael »

Wouldn't that be a big gamey to police big cities with O.K.H. and the army groups HQs? They are assumed to work on command & logistics at that time.
cmunson

Post by cmunson »

Wouldn't that be a big gamey...

Somehow I knew you would say that but you can't blame a gamer for trying. Even if it only counted for 10 men though that would at least show a city as partially garrisoned. I agree, HQ's aren't focused on security matters. Small matter in any case. Love the changes you did in the new version.
Chris

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”