Download from Matrix taking 11 hours????

Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
JiminyJickers

Download from Matrix taking 11 hours????

Post by JiminyJickers »

You guys really need to sort out your download servers, it is getting a bit ridiculous. 11 hours for 1 GB is way too long.

I prefer to play the Matrix versions of games, but since I would like to play the game today, I had to register the serial over at Slitherine so that I could get a Steam key to download the game today.

Download from Matrix is going to take 11 more hours. Download from Steam 30 minutes.
VPaulus

RE: Download from Matrix taking 11 hours????

Post by VPaulus »

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Our files are hosted on the Amazon cloud server. Usually it doesn't take more than 20/30 minutes to download our games.

TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

+1
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

The download is not working at all at the moment. It keeps failing after 30 minutes or so. The Steam one has finished but I would prefer to have the Matrix DRM free version instead.

Files definitely take much longer to download through Matrix. Today is an unusual exception for 11 hours, but normally it takes at least a couple of hours for around a 1 GB file, while the Steam version takes 20 to 30 minutes. I understand Steam has more servers around the world, but I thought the Amazon servers would be a bit faster.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I've sent you a new download link to your email, Jiminy. Maybe this one will be more quick.

Usually I can provide also links from our ftp server, but unfortunately the game installer is not yet in our public ftp.

Edit:

@TomBombadil711

I've also sent by email a new download link for you to try.
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

That link is much faster, now only taking 1.5 hours. Thanks.
sshnuke

Post by sshnuke »

I think you can always get a steam key from slitherine.com and download it via steam
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: sshnuke

I think you can always get a steam key from slitherine.com and download it via steam

correct, even if you use it or not, and at any time, once you have bought it, register it and then redeem your steam key for free
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”