1.232 Carpet Bombing Bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Omnius

1.232 Carpet Bombing Bug

Post by Omnius »

I found that in version 1.232 the strategic bombers are now being reduced for multiple reasons like flying extended range, at night and bombing forest hexes. Unfortunately it reduces strategic bombers flying at normal range. Really screws up strategic and carpet bombing.

In this saved game I had 3 B-29 strategic bombers within 7 hexes of the target hex, which was a clear city hex in Japan, with a combined total of 31 strategic bombing factors. They were all halved incorrectly. I hope this gets fixed before 1.232 becomes official.

Omnius
Attachments
CarpetBombBug.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Dabrion

RE: 1.232 Carpet Bombing Bug

Post by Dabrion »

weather?
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Omnius

Wrong Guess

Post by Omnius »

Dabrion,
The weather was perfectly clear and it was a clear city hex. Somtimes a bug is a bug.

Omnius
Dabrion

RE: Wrong Guess

Post by Dabrion »

You iterated reasons to halve air-factors without stating weather. I never said anything about CVP.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Omnius

Wrong Bug

Post by Omnius »

Dabrion,
Oops I posted two bug reports and got them a little confused. There was no reason why the strategic bomber factors should have been halved when flying within normal range. It was a clear hex with clear weather.

Omnius
Centuur

RE: Wrong Bug

Post by Centuur »

I can't investigate this game, because mad excepts are popping up if I try to load this game... Perhaps someone with a more powerful computer can get this running...
Peter

Return to “Tech Support”