GD1938 Game 11

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

RE: GD1938 Game 11

Post by cpdeyoung »

(cpdeyoung is playing the USA/China for Ernie, he may bow back in.)

The USN has located the Kido Butai and as we are invading the Philippines it is a threat.

Attachments
G11KidoButai.jpg
G11KidoButai.jpg (65.26 KiB) Viewed 49 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The only good news from the junior party of the Axis the Italians, with another blow against the Royal Navy. The Germans were placing their hopes on the new FW190a,
to regain some control of the skies over Germany to prevent the daily pummeling from the allies. The F190a proved a capable fighter the problem lay with the pilots brave though they undoubtedly were,
they proved no match for the veteran pilots of the Mark V Spitfires. On the ground the heavy Churchill IV continues to dominate the German lighter medium tanks the Panzer IIIj, a hiccup in German research has led to Germany falling behind in this crucial field.

Attachments
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (245.1 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

The Russians are busy crushing the rebellious Poles, Warsaw to fall next round. The remaining cities of Poland are split between Germany and Russia.

The Japanese and the Russians are teaming up against a British incursion into Central Asia. The Turkish front is stalemated. As noted above the English tanks are seemingly indestructible. Even our KV series fall short when fighting them.

India is a rather stunning build up of tank and aircraft factories, especially when the English island is considered. HOw many PP's went into all those factories ? How many PP's went into all the tank upgrades ? I know those don't come cheaply.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

There have been comments in the enemy press about the strength of British armoured forces, which are pushing hard
in northern Europe and Turkey. The RAF is a crucial part of the success of the combined arms team. Ankara was
attacked this month, and Hamburg fell.

Attachments
G11T46LittleGermany.jpg
G11T46LittleGermany.jpg (128.45 KiB) Viewed 49 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The Royal Navy has cornered the U-Boats in the North Atlantic.

Attachments
G11T46LastRide.jpg
G11T46LastRide.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 49 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The RN did well, but the American turn had to be abandoned due to a countdown to reboot my PC in fourteen minutes!

Attachments
G11T46LastRide2.jpg
G11T46LastRide2.jpg (72.74 KiB) Viewed 49 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Some push back against allied incursions but a taste of what the Germans are up against. Behind the formidable armored forces are a huge tactical air element.

Attachments
forum1.jpg
forum1.jpg (43.81 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Germans forces pushed back into Kiel from Hamburg, some attempts are being made to reorganize these shattered infantry divisions but time is not on the Germans side.

Attachments
forum2.jpg
forum2.jpg (31.78 KiB) Viewed 49 times

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I was quite shocked to see the cost of the "100% Production" action card @ 688 PP ! No way that was gonna happen.

Ron Swanson
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The British and French captured Kiel, but it was a blundering attempt. It is so easy to underestimate the force
needed to obtain an objective.

Here you see the first regular army "doughboys" arriving in France. There have been United States forces fighting
in France, but not fully formed units. We hope to establish a regular flow.

Attachments
G11T47Doughboys.jpg
G11T47Doughboys.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 49 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

In the Pacific the Philippines has been taken with only a few Japanese stragglers left.

Attachments
G11T47Philippines.jpg
G11T47Philippines.jpg (85.03 KiB) Viewed 49 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Germany Western Front August 1941

The Western Allies Grind forward the Germans maneuver for a opportunity to end the gradual backward momentum.

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.
I was quite shocked to see the cost of the "100% Production" action card @ 688 PP ! No way that was gonna happen.

You must by now know that these cards have a calculated value, based on your own peoples production value. So everybody gains an equal advantage by paying for the card.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

You must by now know that these cards have a calculated value, based on your own peoples production value. So everybody gains an equal advantage by paying for the card.

Equal advantage huh ? How is that calculated ?

It's way out of reach for me, so it must be a tremendous advantage...so much so it must be like an "I win" button.

Ron Swanson
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Equal advantage huh ? How is that calculated ?

It's way out of reach for me, so it must be a tremendous advantage...so much so it must be like an "I win" button.

It is based off your current production abilities, the more production you have or gain the more the tech costs. First thing I do as Germany is to raise it to 125percent but that takes time and little troop production. And with the others rushing troop production and building factories it costs the German's the initiative.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

That's essentially the point, it's too expensive vs. factories. But I'm also interested to know what method is used to determine the "equal advantage".

Ron Swanson
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

It´s funny, cause I feel personally that its too easy to gain more production. Of course I may be thinking of all those factories popping up everywhere...

I´ll take a look at the cost and try and see if I can make it more fitting. Either increasing the cost of factories, or reducing the cost of own production.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

But I'm also interested to know what method is used to determine the "equal advantage".

Basically the game checks what the total amount of production is, for your own people. That is in the case of Germany, all those locations that will produce German items. Each production point is then divided by 4 (which is the modifier), and then divided by 50, which is the lowest value that the production percentage can be in this game.

Each card, is then alotted an equal cost pr. percentage that the other card is, of the advantage you gain. SO if you go from 80% to 100%, the cost is times 100 divided by 80 . Which equals the 20% advantage you get. If it is from 100 to 125% it is times 125 divided by 100. etc etc.

Nothing fancy, just math.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I am strongly opposed to increasing factory costs. As it is some of the Human controlled Countries have little chance NOW of building factories at all.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

This game starts in 1938, which gives us all the option to build infrastructure early, or go to war early.

Different games take different paths, but it may be the case that the production increases are a good price early. Of course, if you are desperate for guns, aircraft or armor then you may see factories as a must build.

Ernie, I would love to see GD1920, with the chance to make even more strategic (production) decisions. The cost of going to war would be very high in 1920, but lower to zero as 1938 arrives. This would not replace the excellent GD1938, but complement it. I would love it, but I love production more than battle. Every factory running at 150% has a warm spot in my heart!

Chuck

Return to “After Action Reports”