Newbie question - can't build capital ships?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

hyperlexic

Newbie question - can't build capital ships?

Post by hyperlexic »

So I'm playing my first game - introductory style, full automation essentially.

I'm playing as my assigned race (Teekan Corporation).

I seem to be well ahead on most elements, including technology.

However for some reason the automation won't design or build Capital ships.

Any thoughts on what I need to do?

I'll probably have some more newbie questions soon...
Aeson

RE: Newbie question - can't build capital ships?

Post by Aeson »

Try changing the filter from 'latest buildable designs' to 'latest designs' in the ship design menu. Your empire's construction size limit is probably too low for the default capital ship designs, and so the default filter in the design screen will not display any capital ship designs that you have. You can also open the Empire Policies menu and make certain that ship design is fully automated and the computer is allowed to design capital ships (if the box next to capital ships has a check mark in it, then the computer can design capital ships for you, but if not you have somehow set capital ship design to manual).

The smallest capital ships that the computer likes to design tend to be in the 400-500 size range, so just being ahead on technology is no guarantee that you'll actually be able to build any.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”