[Q] Database definitions

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kritter

[Q] Database definitions

Post by kritter »

I am looking for some definitions for some of the elements of the database. I was trying to add a few thins to it and while able to do it I do not understand everything that is there. I came across this little program which is quite nice and could be the beginnings of a database editor if someone who knew more about it was inclined to take it on as a project.

http://sqlitebrowser.org/
gbethel

RE: Database definitions

Post by gbethel »

You can change values for pretty much any existing table entry in the database. Those changes will be recognized by the game. But if you create a new unit or table entry the game will not recognize it. I am not an expert on databases by any means but I believe the database locks the number of tables entries for each table.

As far as structure goes. There is a master table and then subtables that are linked to it by table ID of the entry in the master table.
For example. Dataweapon is a master table. All the other data weapon sub tables (dataweapon*) contain information about the tables entries in the master table. Things regarding comms, sensors, fuel, weapon properties, legal target types for the weapon etc.

Master tables are dataweapon, datamount, datasensor, dataship, etc.

To my recollection the database structure in CMANO is similar to the database format used in Harpoon 2.

I use sqlitebrowser also. It functions well as editor for the CMANO database as is. No changes necessary. But I was modifying the Harpoon 2 database with a hex editor long before anyone made a database editor for that app.

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah you can look at the db and do some temporary edits but we are not yet supporting permanent edits via a db editor. You can do some limiting editing in the game however (add/remove mounts and sensors to ships, facilities).

Thanks!

Mike
kritter

Post by kritter »

I have added some new stuff and it seems to work but the linkages are important. There must be a program which can create an interface.

Return to “Tech Support”