Armored remains info

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Mymafia

Armored remains info

Post by Mymafia »

It would be great if it possible to see information on what units were destroyed in hex.
Well, colored crosses means more than nothing, but it would be interesting witch type of enemies where destroyed in that hex.
And it is possible to vary the type of remains. Some remains can still be identified, but some of them damaged so much, that identification was impossible.

Or it may be possible now?
CapnDarwin

RE: Armored remains info

Post by CapnDarwin »

We do want to have the ability to review those kills in 2.1. We also want to better show knocked out units versus destroyed units in the TOC and subunit display.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Mymafia

Post by Mymafia »

In this case, if there are any plans for the maintainability of damaged equipment?
For example:
M1A1 has knocked the main weapon of T-80, but T-80 still has the ability to get out of the line of fire.

Or some management of crews. T-80 was destroyed, but the crew narrowly escaped and ran toward the location of troops, or took up defensive positions.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Knocked out units are already considered as soft kill like mobility, weapon, equipment or crew that makes the subunit combat ineffective. In campaigns, depending on who wins the fight, you are capable of recovering the items and getting some of them back in the action. Vehicle crews are too small to track in game, but we may look to account for all troops and crews in the post mortem in 2.1.

Mymafia

Post by Mymafia »

thank you!
This game never ceases to amaze me!
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are glad you like it. If you have any other questions or ideas let us know.

Mymafia

Post by Mymafia »

I have a lot of ideas )
It is only necessary to overcome the limit of 10 posts and 7 days to show pictures.)
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

ORIGINAL: Mymafia

It would be great if it possible to see information on what units were destroyed in hex.
Well, colored crosses means more than nothing, but it would be interesting witch type of enemies where destroyed in that hex.
And it is possible to vary the type of remains. Some remains can still be identified, but some of them damaged so much, that identification was impossible.

Or it may be possible now?

Are you talking about adding this capability so that info is available during the battle? If so, what are you trying to simulate? Battle staffs (at least US) of that era did not track that info on graphic displays (i.e. 6 destroyed BMPs vicinity grid NB123456). Such info would be in a log of radio traffic and might get reconstructed on a map later, but dead vehicles wouldn't get posted on an overlay. Remnants of units would.

At echelons below Bde, seeing those wrecks, of course, is fact and would be factored in to picking your route for a movement. But the numbers and type of wrecks wouldn't be something that one would pay much attention to. More like lots or a few. The main question being, do they hinder movement there?

If you add this to 2.1, please give us an enable/disable switch for display during the battle. I'd love to see this for post-battle browsing.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
Mymafia

Post by Mymafia »

ORIGINAL: Iron Mike Golf
Are you talking about adding this capability so that info is available during the battle? If so, what are you trying to simulate? Battle staffs (at least US) of that era did not track that info on graphic displays. Such info would be in a log of radio traffic and might get reconstructed on a map later, but dead vehicles wouldn't get posted on an overlay. Remnants of units would.

At echelons below Bde, seeing those wrecks, of course, is fact and would be factored in to picking your route for a movement. But the numbers and type of wrecks wouldn't be something that one would pay much attention to. More like lots or a few. The main question being, do they hinder movement there?

If you add this to 2.1, please give us an enable/disable switch for display during the battle. I'd love to see this for post-battle browsing.

Why do I need it: sometimes having a large number of units can be distracted and lose a unit, not realizing that he would be killed somewhere in the hex. Having at least some summary of what you have lost scouts in this hex, you can get a more detailed status of the battlefield.
Or, for example: after playing with friend in multiplayer by PBEM system, you can forgot what hell happend on this hex. It's normal when you play a couple hours to complete scenario, you can remember every kill you have made. But when your game goes on for a week ... I think such a thing would not prevent (at least to me)

I do not insist on the fact that this functionality was enabled by default (can disable it in the menu would have been enough).
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

OK, that's cool. I tend to look at the info displays in the game as being what is available to a commander or operations officer in a tactical command post. I admit to viewing this piece of software as a battle simulation, as opposed to a "game", so that does color my viewpoint. So, if there is something that strikes me as more game-like than simulation-like, as long as I can turn it off, it doesn't bother me.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The thought for checking would be post mortem. We might be able to have an option for in game, but we will have to see what kind of overhead that might add while the game is in process. The idea is to have a simulation above a game. But we do want to have the options to help others enjoy a game.

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”