Positioning Jammers in SEAD Scenarios

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cdelmain

Positioning Jammers in SEAD Scenarios

Post by cdelmain »

How do I ensure my Jamming aircraft are always or mostly always pointing at radar? any ref point setup will at some point turn jamming aircraft away in its patrol zone.
batek688

RE: Positioning Jammers in SEAD Scenarios

Post by batek688 »

Multiple staggered jammers. If you set up 2 reference points in a line pointing at the target, you can setup a support mission which will orbit those 2 points. Stagger aircraft launch and you'll have JammerB pointing at the radar as JammerA is circling back to the far refpoint.

Normally though, I setup the jammer to go in alongside the strikers but then slow it down so it doesn't have to go all the way in. Have it approach at loiter/creep while strikers are going in at cruise/military.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

Some info... tm.asp?m=3707481

I would advise to always use, at least 3 RPs, on support missions, putting the first and last RP as close as possible.
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Some info... tm.asp?m=3707481

I would advise to always use, at least 3 RPs, on support missions, putting the first and last RP as close as possible.

Could you please elaborate a bit on this? Why 3?
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

It's so that the aircraft will fly the entire pattern at loiter instead of flying inbound at loiter and back out at cruise.
cdelmain

Post by cdelmain »

Thanks for those ideas everyone.
magi

Post by magi »

see rudd's link tm.asp?m=3707481.....
it a complex subject... i believe most jamers are somewhat directional... and since t they are radiating energy they probably have more optimal range envelop that they are more effective in.... there different methods and strategies to defeat or interrupt opposing systems.....

see this wiki article..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_jamm ... _deception.....
in the link rudd provided there two fascinating drawings from the first gulf war... it shows EA-6b's flying lopes that are in line with the systems they are oppressing... while EF-111A Raven are in lopes perpendicular to the ground radar... so it must depend on how the orientation of the jammers are installed to the aircraft.... i think the data base should give a reference to the orientation of these types of platforms.....

another wiki link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:E ... ermeasures...
boeing has a b52 variant design for ew sead warfare that looks deadly... a regular death star... it would be cool if camano modeled it...

thewood1..... is this better... no simple answer for a complex subject....

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Wow...that last post gave me a headache
magi

Post by magi »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Wow...that last post gave me a headache

sorry....... i did a little edit... any better...
Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

ORIGINAL: magi

see this wiki article..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_jamm ... _deception.....
in the link rudd provided there two fascinating drawings from the first gulf war... it shows EA-6b's flying lopes that are in line with the systems they are oppressing... while EF-111A Raven are in lopes perpendicular to the ground radar... so it must depend on how the orientation of the jammers are installed to the aircraft.... i think the data base should give a reference to the orientation of these types of platforms.....

+1 for quote

Does anyone know if the different Jammer Aircraft work better along different axis according to aircraft type within the game?
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam

It's so that the aircraft will fly the entire pattern at loiter instead of flying inbound at loiter and back out at cruise.

Thank you! I play this game for more then a year and never noticed...[:D]
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Rudd

Post by Rudd »

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam

Thank you! I play this game for more then a year and never noticed...[:D]
Yeah, longer on station times with aircraft "loitering" instead of cruising. Also better for tanker tracks, thirsty aircraft don't have to chase faster than cruise speed

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”