Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon manual

Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
Lord Zimoa

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon manual

Post by Lord Zimoa »

The Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon PC game manual can already consulted on Steam here:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1416839211

Or hit the link direct from the Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Steam store page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312370

Have fun reading,

Tim aka LZ
Lord Zimoa

RE: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon manual

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Here some more comments on that this is just PzC with a Warhammer 40,000 re-skin. Of course it share some similarities and is also a hex-base turn based game. but there are some big differences:

Armageddon has some high level similarities with Panzer Corps (in particular branching campaign and unit carry-over) and UI organization is similar too. However, battlefield tactics is indeed different. Here are just some things which drive combat in Armageddon, but which were not present (or played a very minor role) in Panzer Corps:

- most units have ranged attacks
- cover
- line of sight
- accuracy
- rate of fire
- several weapons per unit
- morale
- assaults
- units with multiple hit points, stacks of widely different size

Oh, and graphics engine has been rewritten from scratch too. New DirectX-based implementation gives some nice advantages, like smooth zooming in a very wide range. Also, the units have 6 orientations now, as opposed to 2 in Panzer Corps, and fire multiple weapons when attacking, so combat looks much better than in PzC.
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Sounds very different from PzC based off those points. Very cool! I

I was previously in the camp of thinking it looked like a straight reskin, happy to be proven wrong. To be fair, when looking at screenshots one can't really see all those things.
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

Thanks for that list.

I never played PzC past the demo, because I don't like the way you just move units into each other and they attack. In my opinion, you could just reskin it for knights etc and the game would play the same.

I assume by ranged attack, you mean that units shoot over multiple hexes, instead of just bumping into each other and attacking. Big fan of Warhammer 40K, so looking forward to how this one turns out.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Thank you , now take my money.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”