GD1938 Game 14 AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

RE: GD1938 Game 14 AAR

Post by cpdeyoung »

We hit the large German force with an RAF airstrike. We did some gratifying damage to the artillery and their trucks, and even hit some panzers.

The Chinese are pressing ahead. We are trying to stop them, knowing that Japanese will be following.

France is struggling to fill the line, as the Germans are aware. The thought that we might have not hsve to bear on alone is a comfort.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Belgium belongs to the Soviet Union, Lille is now in German hands and Paris beckons the decisive battle is about to begin.

Attachments
FORUM1.jpg
FORUM1.jpg (185.8 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Things are tough all over, but we did have some success at sea.

The Japanese are running rampant through the oil islands, and Singapore has fallen.

These are dark hours.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Newsflash: Chinese massive 1st and 2nd Dragon armies are storming Calcutta. But even with artillery and air bombardments and massive losses on both sides the British defenders managed to cling on.

Newsflash: Chinese Foreign Secretary Fu Pooh has stated that it might be a good idea if Great Britain surrender India to China in order to prevent further senseless bloodshed.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

1938 October Germany Main Front France

Paris did not fall this turn despite the best efforts of the Germans, though the French paid a heavy price. It would be a miracle if Paris was still in French hands in November, leaving the French praying for a miracle. The Germans crossed the Seine to the South of Paris cutting communications to the South.

Germany would make the same offer to the French as the Chinese have generously made to the British. Though we fear the response may echo the battle of Waterloo with a resounding "Merde"

Attachments
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (42.54 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Vic

Post by Vic »

Newsflash: Chinese forces capture Calcutta and chinese tank columns pour into the Indian subcontinent.

Out of Character Scenario comment: I think the Chinese should not be able to produce so many light tanks so cheaply maybe. Its impossible for the chinese to build up any navy or air capability, but with current setup they can build a lot of light tanks. It feels to me the Chinese should remain more limited to infantry armies.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Newflash: Chinese armies approaching towns in the center of India. Chinese special envoy for Indian affairs Puh-Fuh has stated that although he is trying to negotiate with the British there have been administrative problems causing delays in diplomatic correspondence.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

1938 December Germany Western Front

Paris falls after last months miracle [:)] Paris holding on by 1 stubborn tank platoon. Except for some armored formations in the south in and around Marseille the back of the French army is broken. This may not be the end of the battle for France but it certainly is the beginning of the end of the battle of France.

Attachments
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (56.16 KiB) Viewed 129 times

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

ORIGINAL: Vic
Out of Character Scenario comment: I think the Chinese should not be able to produce so many light tanks so cheaply maybe. Its impossible for the chinese to build up any navy or air capability, but with current setup they can build a lot of light tanks. It feels to me the Chinese should remain more limited to infantry armies.

Do not completely agree with this.

This game might not be suitable to say whether Chinese production should be changed. In my eyes the Japanese player makes a big mistake here. The same mistake I made in game 12.

Playing Japan in game 12 I had not attacked China in the beginning. My idea was to build up strong forces to be able to defend against USA once they join the war. When I thought China might get too strong it was too late altready. China had deployed hundreds of conscripts and dozends of lught tanks. They did not only defend well but even started successful counterattacks forced the Japanese units to retreat.

China should be attacked right from the start. This way Japan can keep it small. Japan might capture Chinese supply center and cities and use it for its own production, while China is limited to few cities and low production capacity. Being under permanent pressure from Japan China might need cheap light tanks. Without them China is forced into a completely defensive position, unable to launch any counterattacks. But these counterattacks make it more interesting for the Chinese player. I think it is frustrating to be limited to defensive action only. And it would be more challenging for the Japanese player as he has to make sure he secures his territory by keping up a well formed frontline that offers no positions for a successful counterattack and breakthrough.

Game 15 might show whether China is too strong while enabled to produce lighht armor for low costs.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Do not completely agree with this.

This game might not be suitable to say whether Chinese production should be changed. In my eyes the Japanese player makes a big mistake here. The same mistake I made in game 12.

Playing Japan in game 12 I had not attacked China in the beginning. My idea was to build up strong forces to be able to defend against USA once they join the war. When I thought China might get too strong it was too late altready. China had deployed hundreds of conscripts and dozends of lught tanks. They did not only defend well but even started successful counterattacks forced the Japanese units to retreat.

China should be attacked right from the start. This way Japan can keep it small. Japan might capture Chinese supply center and cities and use it for its own production, while China is limited to few cities and low production capacity. Being under permanent pressure from Japan China might need cheap light tanks. Without them China is forced into a completely defensive position, unable to launch any counterattacks. But these counterattacks make it more interesting for the Chinese player. I think it is frustrating to be limited to defensive action only. And it would be more challenging for the Japanese player as he has to make sure he secures his territory by keping up a well formed frontline that offers no positions for a successful counterattack and breakthrough.

Game 15 might show whether China is too strong while enabled to produce lighht armor for low costs.

Well its sandbox so as long as the Chinese have access to the Raw materials and the industrial capacity, I am sure they could have produced light tanks in large numbers the argument is did they have the industrial capacity. The USA Soviet Union and UK converted existing civilian industrial production to Military production, more so than the Germans who did not go over to full war time production until 1943. So could a country without a civilian industrial base have suddenly started to produce tanks ? probably not. Regards Japanese strategy if Japan were standing still then I would agree, but they are moving against the British and one could argue that if the British and I guess the French are defeated in the east, and the Japanese in control of the Oil and Raw Material production centers of the far east then they will be able to meet the Americans on even terms. And depriving the Anglo Saxon alliance of the far eastern resources and also threatening the Middle Eastern oil resources the war will have a very different outcome possibly in Japans favour.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Germany 1939 January Western Front.

Another British Tactical attack sneaks in between two Luftwaffe fighter groups stealth technology is not on the German tech list this seems unfair[:)]

Two more French towns fall but with no means to control the airspace all ground moves have to be conducted with a inordinate amount of caution. And venturing near the Northern French coast a risky business.

Attachments
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 129 times

Vic

Post by Vic »

Newsflash: Due to excessive casualties on both side the Chinese Joint Command has agreed to a cease fire with the British
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

In Europe the big battalions of Germany have their way.

Poor France!

Attachments
G14T14PoorFrance.jpg
G14T14PoorFrance.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 129 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

In India two nations see the light and find their way to peace between their peoples.

Attachments
G14T14Standoff.jpg
G14T14Standoff.jpg (34.81 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

Newsflash: Chinese army is demilitarizing the Sino-British border.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

6th February 1939 Germans

Toulouse and Bordeaux fall to German armored units of the 7th and 4th armies. Leaving only Marseille and Brest being the only French cities not under Axis control. French forces have been pushed back into the city of Marseille by the Germans and Italians and the city is now completely surrounded the only escape route being by sea.

Some air sorties made by the Luftwaffe from Amsterdam. Hitting targets on the east coast of the UK.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

There are diplomatic messages flying around, but most concern the far east. In Europe the sad fate of France is
playing out.

In the south of France Marseilles has been abandoned, like Dunkirk, with losses aplenty.

Attachments
G14T15Marseilles.jpg
G14T15Marseilles.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 129 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

March 6th 1939 Germans

The Luftwaffe launched a raid on London in retaliation for RAF bombing raids on Kiel and Cities of now friendly German allies. If you sow the wind be prepared to reap the whirlwind.

Marseille was occupied by men of the 4th German Army, a tough fight was anticipated but the French with the help of British evacuated all combat forces from the city. This evacuation was intercepted by the Regia Marina with the new Italian Submarines a match for the best the allies have to offer. And a sign that the Italian navy is on the road to recovery.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (11.26 KiB) Viewed 129 times

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Here is what the forces attacking London look like.

They are deeply into "Don't tread on me!"

Attachments
G14T16Amsterdam.jpg
G14T16Amsterdam.jpg (34.46 KiB) Viewed 129 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The British have decided to adjust the lines in India, but have offered peace to the Chinese.

There was no combat, only occupation of undefended ground. China and Great Britain were looking for a way to do
an adjustment, and Britain decided it could not wait as they are at war with three powers.

Attachments
G14T16ProposedBorder.jpg
G14T16ProposedBorder.jpg (159.3 KiB) Viewed 129 times

Return to “After Action Reports”