Field Marshal Fogger vs Marshal Fulkerson (again)

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Lobster

RE: Field Marshal Fogger vs Marshal Fulkerson (again)

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: fogger

Puck a duck.[X(] Half my army gone and that is what is coming at me. [:(] I suppose it is too late for

Well it is only a few bits of data so onwards and downwards (?)

Maybe they'll bring vodka. [;)]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

The way that Vodka tastes it's only good for fueling our tanks.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

I think Larry tries to establish his southern front to near to the german lines - they woun't have time to dig in. If there aren't already some nice germans to help them out of the trains at arrival [:D]

Thanks Fogger for the explanations! [:)] And I wouldn't fear the reinforcement-list. A lot of troops spawn in Leningrad, which is, well: in german hands. "Alles in deutscher Hand!" as it is said in german [;)] I think this is the case with some other reinforcements, too. So Larry won't get all of this nice toys he is waiting for [;)]
fogger

Post by fogger »

The Leningrad front. At the bottom of the screen is the top of Larry's MLR. I have 2 panzer divisions about to race to the Volga River. It is a big if but if I can get to it before Larry can extend his MLR I may be able to turn it.

Attachments
turn25.gif
turn25.gif (470.83 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
fogger

Post by fogger »

I did not clear all my rear area on the Leningrad front and look at what has appeared 2 Inf divisions and 1 regt. I had better star on the other areas of my front as I can not afford to loose any rail line or bridges.

Attachments
turn25.gif
turn25.gif (453.71 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
fogger

Post by fogger »

The start of turn 28. I have created 2 pockets totalling 11+ divisions last turn and this turn hope to complete another pocket of 8+ divisions. Larry's north flank is hanging in the air. I am hoping that if I push far enough that Larry will start to redeploy some of his forces from the south and take pressure off my centre. Every time I break into his front line he has enough units in reserve to contain the break in. With the fall of Murmansk I have had a number of divisions freed up so I am now considering an advance on Archangelsk.

Attachments
turn28.gif
turn28.gif (341.64 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Larry has started shipping some units to Archangelsk but not enough to match the forces that I am moving into the AO

Attachments
turn28.gif
turn28.gif (248.26 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

How good is this for CB fire. This should put a smile on any old salt's face.

Attachments
cbfire.gif
cbfire.gif (76.84 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Larry, did you give that destroyer a unit medal?

I have just forwarded Larry my turn 29 and this is an update. On the southern front I have finally been able to breakout of one of my bridge heads.

Attachments
turn29.gif
turn29.gif (334.03 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

In the centre I am starting to break in from the south.

Attachments
turn29.gif
turn29.gif (336.6 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

The old Leningrad front may shortly be renamed the Volga River North front.

Attachments
turn29.gif
turn29.gif (374.16 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

I have just sent my turn 30 to Larry. This is overview of Army Group North and my proposed stop lines. It is now the 1st Oct and I will have to start digging in for the winter

Attachments
turn30.gif
turn30.gif (446.5 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

In the centre I have finally been able to break in. The question is now "will General Mud " save Larry's centre or is he going to cut and run?

Attachments
turn30.gif
turn30.gif (450.73 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the front lines now. The Axis forces are racing to finish the job before winter weather sets in. Trying
to withdraw the Soviets from engagement isn't working out at all and so I've decided to defend in place and
try to hold up the Germans as long as possible to permit me to rail some reinforcements to the places they
need to be to form a working front line from north to south. The problem is that I'm still outnumbered in the
north especially after the fall of Leningrad. It's looking iffy.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (497.78 KiB) Viewed 141 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the expected reinforcements for next turn, T32: And the stream of reinforcements doesn't start slowing down from
this fire hose of reinforcements until T35. And after that there's another big load coming etc. I'm going to be swimming
in reinforcements. That ought to be enough to form another front line somewhere.

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that a lot of those reinforcements listed are supposed to respawn in hexes I don't own
anymore. Like those in and near Leningrad. Those reinforcements won't spawn until I own the hex again, if ever. So I'll
have to keep that in mind.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (85.81 KiB) Viewed 141 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's how the air war is going now:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (329.43 KiB) Viewed 141 times
fogger

Post by fogger »

Turn 31 SITREP
The Mud has arrived. However with Ron's Mod combat operations do not stop. But if you attack you can expect heavy losses.

In the centre I have finally broken into Larry's rear area. My recon units now hold all the road crossings in Larry's rear so it would be interesting to see Larry's supply levels in what may be one big pocket. I have 3 panzer divisions in the process of securing the inner and outer rings of the pocket. I am also trying to move my Infantry up to secure a front line before the snow arrives. In the centre I will keep my front line away from Larry's so that he has to advance (costing supply) to make contact.

Attachments
turn31.gif
turn31.gif (493.06 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Down on the southern end of the front I maybe in trouble. There are a number of areas that once the snow arrives and the river freeze up that Larry can counter attack into my rear and I have very little in the way of reserves to block. Also there is really no defence line. Not sure what to do here. If I can complete the pocketing and destruction of Larry's centre group I would be prepared to conduct a fighting withdrawal as I have ground to give up.

Attachments
turn31.gif
turn31.gif (293.03 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Army group north has no front line, it is more of a screen. There are a number of pockets in my rear but I am not worry about them. They will slowly die and upon their death I will have forces with which to create a line. There is no strategic value for Larry in this area as it would be nearly impossible to get to Leningrad from here.

Attachments
turn31.gif
turn31.gif (396.49 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Army Group Far North has 6 divisions (with more on the way) and is attacking towards Archangelsk (a 5% supply point). The objective of this attack is to get Larry to commit forces to it defence which he will need else where or risk losing the supply point. If I can take Archangelsk then my entire northern flank will be secure and I will be able to move those 6 divisions elsewhere

Attachments
turn31.gif
turn31.gif (395.36 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Thought for the day:

Return to “After Action Reports”