Allies: The first 6 months to year

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ridinroun

Allies: The first 6 months to year

Post by Ridinroun »

I'm curious about your strategy in the first 6 - 12 months as allies. do you get aggressive or make a stand somewhere? Do you use your units as soon as they are available? Where on the map do you concentrate on in the first 6 months?
Bullwinkle58

RE: Allies: The first 6 months to year

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Strategy? Try to keep the bar bill to four figures.
The Moose
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

The strategy is simple....SURVIVE! Trade real estate for time. Delay his advance as much as you can, but lose as little as you can. Your troops in the DEI , the PI and Burma are mostly "lost troops". You can't evacuate them , or reinforce them. Use them as human speed bumps. But preserve your ships , and use your in evitable retreat to train your cadre pilots , and your sub crews. Pull those pilots out after they have had some blooding , then send in rookies. (Cold , but they are only electrons! [:D]). And every unsuccessful attack your submarines make gains them precious experience , worth it's weight in gold once you gain working torpedos.

And never forget , the warships you start on the road to Tokyo with in late 1942 are the ones you started with, NOT new construction , which you don't begin to get till 1943 , and are not really trained for another year. Preserve those USN warships, they are your seed corn.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

No plan is ever sound if it fails to take into account what the enemy does.  Thus how the Allied player plays the first six months is very much shaped by what the Japanese player is doing.

Alfred
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

My no penatration line was PH-Canton I-Noumea. I am a first time player against Japanese AI. In Feb 42 AI conducted a successful amphibious assault against Canton I. I reacted with 3 carriers and a hasty assault force to follow. Low and behold, when I arrived near CI I found the transports protected by their Carrier strike force. I won a Midway like battle. All of my carriers survived but we're damaged. My squadrons were heavily depleted. I was unable to resume carrier ops until June. But in the meantime my surface and amphibious forces restored the LOC to Noumea an SOPAC became my main effort.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Simple. As the Allies you "rope a dope." [;)]

Attachments
ropeadope.jpg
ropeadope.jpg (9.29 KiB) Viewed 38 times
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”