[UPDATED DB v440] Seeker RBS 23 Bamse

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Denixen

[UPDATED DB v440] Seeker RBS 23 Bamse

Post by Denixen »

So I just noticed a minor error in the database for RBS 23 Bamse. It has a IR seeker on it, while in real life it is Automatic Command to Line of Sight (ACLOS) or perhaps SARH (Semi-active Radar homing) I found this information on the designers (SAAB) page about the missile system and wikipedia. I can't give you direct link because of forum rules about me being new here)

If you have time to look into it that would be great, if not it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for making this game, you guys are just great!
mikmykWS

RE: Seeker RBS 23 Bamse

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for reporting this. We'll take a look

Mike
Denixen

Post by Denixen »

Oh and I also noticed that each Launcher only have 4 missiles, while they actually have 6 per launcher. This info can also be found on SAAB page for RBS 23 Bamse.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Noted. Thanks!

Mike
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

ORIGINAL: Denixen
This error is only minor but as a swede they bug me a little. If you have time to look into it that would be great, if not it's not the end of the world.

As a swede I would be more bothered by that the system never went into service. I have no clue on where the start year 2010 in the db comes from. Great missile though.
Denixen

Post by Denixen »

ORIGINAL: Pergite!
As a swede I would be more bothered by that the system never went into service. I have no clue on where the start year 2010 in the db comes from. Great missile though.

Yeah I noticed that, there is actually one demonstator company(?) in Lv 6 (Air defence regiment 6) that started their training in 2008. But they aren't actually part of the swedish defence forces organization. They are just there for, well, demonstation :).

But I am sure that in times of war they would be activated. Not that Sweden would last more than a few days, but still, they would be activated.

Calling them great missile with it's current characteristics is an understatement, a lone company can take down 8 Kh-31P (AS-17) high-speed anti-radiation missile (russian equivalent of AGM-88 HARM), flying at 1800 kt, even though it's max intercept speed is 1600, while under heavy jamming (RADAR jam does not affect it's IR seeker), and even with it's radar turned off (who need a radar when the missiles have IR seekers that can track the target themselves?)

The only way to beat them is to shoot more than 8 missiles at them because then they run out of ammo :)

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”