Cannot assign damaged DD to be repaired by the AD in port

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cverbrug

Cannot assign damaged DD to be repaired by the AD in port

Post by cverbrug »

Hi,

I'd like to refer to the repair 101 guide of Alfred. One of the things explained there is that tenders provide additional repai capabilities for certain shiptypes.
Like an AR for every ship type.

I have a number of damaged DD ships in port (georgetown). There is a disbanded AD and AG in the port. However, in the Port screen, "Manange Ships under Repair", i can only select "readiness" or "pierside repair". There is no possibility to assign a DD to be repaired by the AD tender. Similar for an PB to be assigned to the AG. You cannot assign the ships to be repaired by the AD or AG tenders. What am I doing wrong?

In another port I have an AR, and there i can perfectly assign ships to be repaired by the AR tender in a dedicated manner... .
Yaab

RE: Cannot assign damaged DD to be repaired by the AD in port

Post by Yaab »

I guess the option of Repair Ship is only present if you have an AR ship disbanded in port.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

are they undamaged and disbanded?
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

I believe the tenders will add "points" to pier side in this case and only for non major damage.
wolfclan

Post by wolfclan »

Do the AD and AG have supplies?
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

I believe the tenders will add "points" to pier side in this case and only for non major damage.

Repair Ships
AR, ARD, AS, AD, AGP, and AG ships have the ability to repair other ships – these ships are collectively “Repair Ships” [14.2.3.2]. Each type of Repair Ship is limited in the type of ship and damage it can repair [14.2.3.2]. If a Repair Ship is available to assist with a ship’s repair (i.e., the Repair Ship is in port, capable of repairing the damaged ship, capable of repairing the type of damage, and not busy with other repairs), the “Repair Ship” option will be selectable when the “Repair Mode” is clicked for the ship you want to repair [14.2.2.1]. Repair Ships cannot repair if they are in a TF docked at a port [14.2.2.2]. An undamaged Repair Ship that does nothing else in a will generate 1000 non-cumulative Ops points in that turn [14.2.3.2.1]. Undamaged, “fresh” Repair Ships may contribute, up to a maximum of 83 Repair Points per turn [14.2.3.2.1.1]. Therefore, Repair Ships may repair up to a maximum of 0.83 damage points per turn [14.2.3.2.1.1]. Repair Ships may also repair on a High-Priority basis [14.2.3.2.1.3]. In this case, a Repair Ship’s entire aggregate of Ops points is used and may repair up to a maximum of 1.4 damage points per turn, with a consequent total Ops point penalty [14.2.3.2.1.3]. Repair Ships can assist damaged ships that use either Readiness Repair mode [14.2.2.1] or Pierside Repair mode [14.2.3.3].
Note: You are often better off repairing System Damage using Pierside repair mode, then using a Repair Ship mode to repair the remaining damage [forum].
Note: You cannot assign a specific damaged ship to a specific Repair Ship [forum].
Note: If a damaged ship is using “Repair Ship” mode (e.g., a DD) and the only Repair Ships for that damaged ship (e.g., AD and AR) become unavailable (e.g., you put the AD and AR into a TF and move them away from the port hex), the damaged ship is automatically changed to Pierside repair mode [forum].
Note: Steps to use the Repair Ship option for a Repair Ship that is capable of repairing the damaged ship and the type of damage: 1) disband the Repair Ship in a port; 2) disband the ship to be repaired in the same port; 3) stand down the ship to be repaired; 4) click “Pierside” to get the “Repair Ship” option [forum].
Note: Supplies are expended for repairs [15.0]. Therefore, a Repair Ship must have supply onboard to conduct repairs. As Repair Ships operate, their supplies will decrease, so you need to periodically put them in a TF and load supplies onto them.
Note: [forum strategy post by don bowen 6/2010] “Repair ships can aid in pierside repairs but a ship assigned to repair ship uses only the repair ship function. If you want the best overall repair, do not use the repair ship repair option. Let the Repair module decide how to allocate them. If you want a specific ship to get extra attention, use the repair ship option for it and let the remainding ships use port facilities. This is especially true for floating drydocks. If you only have one ship, use pierside - it optimizes all port/repairship resources. Repair ships are best used at smaller ports that lack the functions provided by a repair ship (or floating drydock). Also at a larger port when you have lots of activity and the port can get overloaded with repairs.”

tigercub
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

AD resupply DDs with torpedoes ARs repair major flotation damage up to a limit and ARDs can repair all flotation as long as the ship does not exceed the max capacity. So, you need a AR, ARD or move it to a shipyard.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Reviewing Alfred's Ship Repair 101 post,
tm.asp?m=2990845
I gather that your DDs must be in Pierside mode to gain any benefit from the AD, and the AG won't help at all. All Auxiliaries (except ARDs) can only repair major damage of 5 or less, non-ARs are limited to which ship types they can repair. They can aid repair w/o onboard supply, but can't re-arm w/o onboard supply. If an Auxiliary is damaged, it can't aid repair. If an AR is disbanded in the port, ships can be assigned to Repair Ship mode, otherwise the game-engine's repair manager decides which Pierside ships are repaired - presumably it attends to the worst cases first.

I don't think the OP is 'doing anything wrong', unless he's neglected to place ships in Pierside mode.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”