Show Command Radius gone

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

JudgeDredd

Show Command Radius gone

Post by JudgeDredd »

So I was messing about setting up my scenario, dragging units, looking at command radius and LoS...and now the Show Command Radius option from the menu is gone...just disappeared.
Alba gu' brath
IronMikeGolf

RE: Show Command Radius gone

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Well, you still have Ctrl D and the "D" button by the map zoom controls
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

JD, can you get us screen shots? Were you restructuring the OOB? Was this in the setup phase in game or in the ScenEdit?

Thanks for the info.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

JD, was it the "Show Command Radius" from the pull down menu that disappeared or was it the "D" button at the bottom left corner of the map that disappeared?

If it was only the pull down menu, was the unit selected a hq or and non-hq unit?

Thanks
Charles Belva
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I can replicate this. Missing from the pull down, even when a US Co HQ unit is selected. D button present and functioning. Control-D functioning.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We have this noted and in our bug tracking system. Thanks for the inputs.

IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Thanks for the report gentlemen. The Show Command Radius menu item is deliberately hidden for non-HQ units (HQ units either have an HQ icon or are de-facto in control of other units) and so this behaviour is as intended. Reading your posts though I came to the realization that I probably should have disabled the "D" shortcut button and also the Ctrl-D hotkey if the selected unit is not an HQ. Ooops.

I have done that now for 2.07 and also taken the liberty of suppressing the HQ radius that is currently drawn for non-HQ units as that is anticipating that they *will* become HQs at some future time but they have not yet.

Also, if you show the command radius for an HQ unit and then click on a non-HQ unit the command radius display will now be cleared so as to avoid confusion. With these changes in place it should all look much more logical.

Iron Mike Golf - if you had no Show Command Radius menu item for a valid HQ unit then there may be a data bug. Can you remember which scenario that was and which company HQ was involved? That would really help me isolate that issue.

JudgeDredd, how nice to see you around here again. I have many happy memories of you going back to the early FPG days.

Thanks guys. Rob
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Rob,

Now I am unsure. I see the item in the Unit View - Show menu for all units.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

And now I see it again. Trying to nail down a list of Steps to Reproduce.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the additional hunting Jeff.

IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Jim,

I can't reproduce it on demand. What I see is either the menu item is visible for all units, or it is not. I did see it one time during the pre-game orders segment, then later (a couple of turns) it disappeared.

Once it disappears, loading a new scenario (via return to main menu) done NOT enable the menu item. Quitting and restarting the game does. I had also noticed it when playing with scenario editing (edit/save scenario, run it a few turns, exit to main menu without saving, re-edit scenario, etc).

Getting ready to go to Disney on Wed, so I don't have time to dig further. Looks to be a nasty transient. Some flag somewhere is getting flipped and not being reset, I guess.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

OK, thanks for looking again and I will fix that 'persisting after loading a new scenario' issue too. We will keep an eye out for what you saw.

Cheers, Rob

Return to “Tech Support”