Complexity Level

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

gsmart04

Complexity Level

Post by gsmart04 »

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question. I'm thinking of getting this game for Christmas and I'm wondering just how complex it is. Is it as hard as War in the East? I've played a lot of the old Harpoon when it was around and loved it. How much more complex is this game to play?

Answers would be really appreciated!
ckfinite

RE: Complexity Level

Post by ckfinite »

I think it's slightly more complex than Harpoon, but much less than WITE.
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

I've never played Harpoon, but I got the hang of the basics very easily with my only experience in similar games being a bit of Fleet Command.
gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 »

OK, guys, thanks! It's a GO for Christmas!
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

Welcome gsmart04

The complexity is not that harder than Harpoon. Actually a lot of the keyboard short cuts are the same.
The big difference is in the level of detail. Command is infinitely more detailed in the modeling of physics models, weather, units detail level and AI.

I have played Harpoon since the mid 90´s and transitioned easily to command. That being said, after playing command for more than a year, I´m still learning. The level of detail is amazing, and the sim is constantly improving. Browse this forum and you will see for yourself.

So yes, this is your ideal christmas present. Just know this. It will use up ALL your spare time, but you will enjoy doing it.

Regard

Søren
gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 »

Thanks, Soren. Sounds like a good one. I intend to get it. Just waiting to see if it's going to be part of the holiday sale. I appreciate your response. [:)]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”