WarCabinet

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Marutia Ortia

RE: WarCabinet

Post by Marutia Ortia »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Do you have a year that the equipment must have been introduced before in order to qualify for inclusion into the game? Or countries that built, or developed, it?
War Cabinet game story takes place in the late 80s – 90s of XX century, so we consider the equipment and machines which we include in the game to be around this period of time. The equipment is selected from two main lines the Soviet Union and the NATO line.
Strength and Honour over Fear in War Cabinet

www.warcabinet.net

New Strategy and War Game
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Marutia Ortia

Do you have a year that the equipment must have been introduced before in order to qualify for inclusion into the game? Or countries that built, or developed, it?
War Cabinet game story takes place in the late 80s – 90s of XX century, so we consider the equipment and machines which we include in the game to be around this period of time. The equipment is selected from two main lines the Soviet Union and the NATO line.
Yes. I got the premise. [:)]

I wondered if there was a hard set end date that the equipment must have been introduced before. And if exceptions would be made for some equipment outside the two blocks?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

Yes. I got the premise. [:)]

I wondered if there was a hard set end date that the equipment must have been introduced before. And if exceptions would be made for some equipment outside the two blocks?

We have sticked to the a.m period, but we haven't set exact date that the equipment must have been introduced before. We also stick only to these two lines of equipment because otherwise if would be very confusing. We also would like to be faithful to the two houses part of War Cabinet - House of Green, which represents the Soviet Block and House of Orange, which represents USA, NATO and western countries.

www.warcabinet.net

Orm

Post by Orm »

Thank you. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

Thank you. [:)]
You are welcome :)

www.warcabinet.net

Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

M113 APC – New combat vehicle added to the House of Orange

Dear friends,

In order to win battles the modern battlefield commanders would need highly mobile manpower, which can turn the tide in the most crucial situations.

Armor protected vehicles are preferred choice to do this while operating near the enemy. That is why we added M113 – Armored Personnel Carrier to the War Cabinet military equipment to serve into the House of Orange forces. With this new addition to game’s Military Park we are confident that your soldiers will yield the benefits of the mechanized warfare.

More about M113 - APC can be found here: http://www.warcabinet.net/m113-apc-new-combat-vehicle-added-to-the-house-of-orange/#more-572
Please share your thoughts and opinion.

www.warcabinet.net

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

bump
Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

Secure your troops with M163 Vulcan Air Defense System

How to protect troops and equipment from air attacks? The partial answer to this challenging task could be simple when we talk about low level strikes. You might want to consider including in your military formation M163Vulcan Air Defense System. It is already on the way to support the House of Orange commanders.

Read more at:http://www.warcabinet.net/secure-your-troops-with-m163-vulcan-air-defense-system/#more-598

Would you use M163 Vulcan Air Defense System as part of your equipment?

www.warcabinet.net

Orm

Post by Orm »

How to protect troops and equipment from air attacks? The partial answer to this challenging task could be simple when we talk about low level strikes. You might want to consider including in your military formation M163Vulcan Air Defense System. It is already on the way to support the House of Orange commanders.

Read more at:http://www.warcabinet.net/secure-your-troops-with-m163-vulcan-air-defense-system/#more-598

I would avoid it if I had an alternative. [:)]
Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

I would avoid it if I had an alternative. [:)]

OK, out of curiosity, what else you would use?

www.warcabinet.net

Orm

Post by Orm »

OK, out of curiosity, what else you would use?
First I want to say that the M163 VADS in the linked picture looks really cool. [:)]

I would, if possible, use man portable surface to air missiles, like FIM-92 Stinger.

Attachments
1280pxFIM..ger_USMC.jpg
1280pxFIM..ger_USMC.jpg (316.57 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Or RBS 70.

Attachments
1280px16t..uly_2011.jpg
1280px16t..uly_2011.jpg (578.34 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Or I would prefer the German Flakpanzer Gepard if I needed a self-propelled AA gun.

Attachments
1280pxGep..overview.jpg
1280pxGep..overview.jpg (518.55 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

Or I would prefer the German Flakpanzer Gepard if I needed a self-propelled AA gun.

Wow, they all look amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

www.warcabinet.net

Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

War cabinet story part 4: 48 Hours Later - The price of Victory

You haven’t slept much in the last days.

Many unsettled questions are within your head…

How can I best serve my country?

You should not only be excellent military commander, but also you are expected to take the burden to spend scare resources of your country to wage war… instead of these been used for the people and their wellbeing. How this could be balanced? What is really necessary in this dark time?

Read the whole story at: http://www.warcabinet.net/story/

Share your thoughts and opinion.

www.warcabinet.net

Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

Economy system within strategy war games

Guys,

We plan to implement economy system into the game. By doing this we want to achieve an additional depth of the gameplay. However, in order to do the right balance we need your valuable input here.

First of all do you enjoy economic aspect of the strategy games or you prefer pure combat only gameplay?

If there is a game economy in place it should be:

1. As simple as possible with very few type of resources with minimum amount of user management.
2. Moderately detailed economy system part of the core game mechanics. This could include several resources to be generated, monitored and used for various activities. This would mean roughly up to 20% of the gameplay might be related to economic and resource dependent activities like: purchasing of equipment, upgrades, promotions, personnel recruitment, repair of facilities, etc.
3.Well developed war economy model which will strongly influence game campaign and rules. This would required better planning of your spending and more economy related decisions and events. Without proper economy management your chance to gain victory will be vastly reduced. Of course at times it would require more micromanagement.

Any other thoughts and questions on this topic are mostly welcome.

www.warcabinet.net

Marutia Ortia

Post by Marutia Ortia »

What's the most enjoyable part of a game to you?
Guys,

When you start playing a new game or simply replay an old one what's the most enjoyable part of the game to you?

Is it the beginning when you explore a new world and learn how to play or it is the the mid-game, when you have the chance to expand your powers and getting deep into the story or you are a fan of the final stages of the game.

How much you like to learn new things and use new functions, try new characteristics while gaming or on the contrary you prefer to stick to familiar things and keep on playing?

www.warcabinet.net

Orm

Post by Orm »

Economy system within strategy war games

Guys,

We plan to implement economy system into the game. By doing this we want to achieve an additional depth of the gameplay. However, in order to do the right balance we need your valuable input here.

First of all do you enjoy economic aspect of the strategy games or you prefer pure combat only gameplay?

If there is a game economy in place it should be:

1. As simple as possible with very few type of resources with minimum amount of user management.
2. Moderately detailed economy system part of the core game mechanics. This could include several resources to be generated, monitored and used for various activities. This would mean roughly up to 20% of the gameplay might be related to economic and resource dependent activities like: purchasing of equipment, upgrades, promotions, personnel recruitment, repair of facilities, etc.
3.Well developed war economy model which will strongly influence game campaign and rules. This would required better planning of your spending and more economy related decisions and events. Without proper economy management your chance to gain victory will be vastly reduced. Of course at times it would require more micromanagement.

Any other thoughts and questions on this topic are mostly welcome.
I usually prefer 2 or 3.

Any chance that ammo and fuel could be limited so that there was a need for supply units and supply dumps?
Orm

Post by Orm »

What's the most enjoyable part of a game to you?
Guys,

When you start playing a new game or simply replay an old one what's the most enjoyable part of the game to you?

Is it the beginning when you explore a new world and learn how to play or it is the the mid-game, when you have the chance to expand your powers and getting deep into the story or you are a fan of the final stages of the game.

How much you like to learn new things and use new functions, try new characteristics while gaming or on the contrary you prefer to stick to familiar things and keep on playing?
I usually prefer the beginning but after you have done the many changes that are (often) needed at once in order to change things as I prefer them.

The end game is often disappointing when you know how it will end but it just takes time to get there.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

When is this game going to be rel eased

Return to “General Discussion”