Recon Pod JAS-39D

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Denixen

Recon Pod JAS-39D

Post by Denixen »

Hello! This is my first time here on the forum and I just want to start of by saying I love this game.

Now to my issue I have some issues getting my JAS-39D to use it's Recon Pod. I have assigned it the SPK-39 Recon Pod Loadout and set it to loop inside a support mission where there are unfriendly Russian tanks. However I doesn't seem to be able to detected them. When I look in the MCM/Pod screen, the recon pod is unchecked and i can't check it. Basically it seems that even though it's on a support mission (which I assume Recon is considered) it won't use it's recon pod. Also it's flying at 350kts at 12192m/40000ft and sometimes right over the target.

Now, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!
MR_BURNS2

RE: Recon Pod JAS-39D

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

You don't need to turn it on, and try lower altitudes. Could there be any weather issues, clouds?
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Denixen

Post by Denixen »

ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

You don't need to turn it on, and try lower altitudes. Could there be any weather issues, clouds?

I used a UAV earlier and that one had to fly at 610m tops to find it and then it was 0,2nm from it. Yes I do think weather could be an issue, I have set it up something equivalent to a windy, cloudy autumn.

I am going to try to fly lower and if that don't work, change things to calm and sunny.

Thanks for the advice, there are so many thing to take into account in this game!
Denixen

Post by Denixen »

Yupp weather was my problem, there where clouds at 2-4km over the units and heavy rain, removing that and now it's hard to loose track of the tanks :)

Thanks for the help!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”