Port attack AA-fire after avoided combat

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Port attack AA-fire after avoided combat

Post by TeaLeaf »

Hotseat, latest version.
Commonwealth port attack on Kiel. Germans won surprise rolls and avoided combat (spending 4 surprise points).

CW Beauforts returned to base, I hit the 'end phase' button and then the game crashed:
It wanted to progress to AA-fire in the Port, and I think that's where it crashed because there were no more planes left to shoot at.

The game was still running with all forms operable, but after clicking away the error-message, the 'end phase' button was greyed out,
preventing the game from progressing.

I remember similar errors occuring during the battle of France, where French AA-units wanted to shoot at Stuka's that were already aborted during air-to-air combat (i.e. no bombers left).
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Port attack AA-fire after avoided combat

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

Hotseat, latest version.
Commonwealth port attack on Kiel. Germans won surprise rolls and avoided combat (spending 4 surprise points).

CW Beauforts returned to base, I hit the 'end phase' button and then the game crashed:
It wanted to progress to AA-fire in the Port, and I think that's where it crashed because there were no more planes left to shoot at.

The game was still running with all forms operable, but after clicking away the error-message, the 'end phase' button was greyed out,
preventing the game from progressing.

I remember similar errors occuring during the battle of France, where French AA-units wanted to shoot at Stuka's that were already aborted during air-to-air combat (i.e. no bombers left).
I am pretty sure that I have fixed this.

If you can reproduce the problem, I would like to have a saved game to run some tests.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”