Changing platform performance?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

LoBlo

Changing platform performance?

Post by LoBlo »

Is there a way to modd the database in order to change the performance of certain platforms or add components to the various platforms?

lb
mikmykWS

RE: Changing platform performance?

Post by mikmykWS »

You can add weapons and sensors to existing platforms. You can currently change force quality and in the next update will be able to change individual units.

What would you like to change?

LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

I'ld like to be able to make some hypothetical, theoretical platforms. Ones that don't exist in reality, like modding one of the UAVs to perform as a cheap AAW drone with AAM capability. Then putting in in a scenario and seeing what tatics dictate.

Think its possible to mod?

lb
Styx3

Post by Styx3 »

it would be beatiful that users can add also platforms. Why not to add the pak-da if there is a mig mfi or the a-12 avenger in the db?
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

ORIGINAL: LoBlo

I'ld like to be able to make some hypothetical, theoretical platforms. Ones that don't exist in reality, like modding one of the UAVs to perform as a cheap AAW drone with AAM capability. Then putting in in a scenario and seeing what tatics dictate.

lb

You can do that, but you have to do it to individual platforms. Right now you can't mod something and then clone it - you have to mod each platform each time.

If you wanna make an AAW drone, add an in-flight base drone that you want and then add/remove the weapons and sensors you want.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: LoBlo

lb

We'll be adding more in game edit features but no plans for a full db editor like what existed for Harpoon. We're approaching it differently.

Thanks!
Mike
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk
We'll be adding more in game edit features but no plans for a full db editor like what existed for Harpoon. We're approaching it differently.
Thanks!
Mike

Aww. that's unfortunate.
ORIGINAL: hellfish6
You can do that, but you have to do it to individual platforms. Right now you can't mod something and then clone it - you have to mod each platform each time.
If you wanna make an AAW drone, add an in-flight base drone that you want and then add/remove the weapons and sensors you want.

Hm.. well, the tatic was saturation, meaning about 100 cheap AAW drones, so individually duplicating it 100 times is kindof more than I was willing to invest. Oh well.

cheers.

lb
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

So what you are saying is that for scenario XYZ, I can modify say a current B-52 into a B-52H CBC, but it would work only for that scenario... forgive me, I am the new guy on the block.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah you could do it that way but its less than ideal. We'll get to it one of these days.

Can modify ships and facilities and use the delta files to save changes to apply to others later.

This game is really about building scenarios not databases although we'll try to eventually get full edit capability in.

Thanks

Mike
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Yeah you could do it that way but its less than ideal. We'll get to it one of these days.
Can modify ships and facilities and use the delta files to save changes to apply to others later.
This game is really about building scenarios not databases although we'll try to eventually get full edit capability in.
Thanks

Mike
I understand, and thank you.
I ask for several reasons...
The first is fog of way... I have a blast sending ships down the Persian Gulf with lots of oil rigs and potential for armed rigs or simply 'spy rigs'.
The second is there is something impressive if a little wasteful to a B52H uprooting a 3 x 3 mile area with explosives...

Thanks again for all the help!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

Thanks

Mike

I get a kick out of exploring and experimenting with tatics more than anything myself. Experimenting with capabilities and seeing how it changes the tatics = uber fun IMHO.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”