overview of the game

The Frontline Series is an approachable collection of wargames set during the iconic battles of World War II. Available for PC, iOS and Android.

The variety of maps and battle situations is what makes Frontline so different and engaging: players are confronted with blitzkriegs, trench wars and dog fights, but also unusual situation such as missions to capture an armoured convoy, recover important documents, capturing strategic positions and destroy fortifications.
gwgardner

overview of the game

Post by gwgardner »

I was looking for some light wargame oriented entertainment and that's what I got with this game.

For $10 it's a buy given the following factors:

- no manual, but one is not really needed as there is a set of ingame tutorial screens
- gui is intuitive, no 'scratch the head' moments
- graphics for both terrain and units, and combat and movement sounds, are well done
- unit types have unique advantages and disadvantages, requiring the player to use proper tactics for best effect
- objectives are tied to resource rewards - for resupply, reinforcement, calling in air support - can make for some nail-biter moments as one runs low on ammo or manpower, or takes too much damage.
- turn-based

Definitely in the arcade category, but fun.

Rosseau

RE: overview of the game

Post by Rosseau »

Yes, not arcade as in reflexes, but simplicity. Panzer Corps has much more bells and whistles and "support" rules, but Frontline is enjoyable. And I hate reading manuals :)

Return to “Frontline Series”