Commander: The Great War Open Beta Patch 1.6.0 released!

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Lord Zimoa

Commander: The Great War Open Beta Patch 1.6.0 released!

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Hi guys,

The Commander The Great War Open Beta Patch 1.6.0 is now life on Steam and for non-Steam users available in the Matrix Members area.

You don`t need to install any previous patches!

General tips for PC and Steam:

As this is an OPEN BETA and we have so many big changes to test, if you cannot handle the occasional bug or dont feel like helping us out ironing out any bugs you can find, please DO NOT participate in the OPEN BETA TESTING.

Multiplayer games for this OPEN BETA are on the BETA server, so you CANNOT continue ongoing games you will have to swap back to the official 1.5.2 version. But please start new MP games with the 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch, as we need some help testing here.

For Steam go to your Library, right-click on the CTGW game, select Properties, tab Betas and select "beta-"

Important notes!!!:

- Verify the files before you fire up the game on Steam!!

How: Go to your Library, right-click the CTGW game, select properties, tab Local Files, select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

- As this is an Open Beta Patch MP games are handled by Slitherine`s Beta Servers!!

How: So you will not be able to continue ongoing MP games, but start please new MP games to test!

For non Steam PC users, you can download the CTGW 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch from the Matrix Members area, it does not matter if you purchased your game on Matrix or Slitherine it will work for both, just make sure you have your serial number by hand (in your original purchase email or printed on your DVD!

How: Go to http://www.matrixgames.com/members/members.asp
Select register your game (you will need your serial number), after this you can find your registerd game under "My Games". Select and click "Registered" to download the zipped patch, open and follow install instructions.

CTGW 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch Change log can be found here:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 68#p496268

Thank you for your patience, happy testing and enjoy the game.

Kind regards,

The Lordz
Templer_12

Setup 1.6.0 Open Beta freeze

Post by Templer_12 »

The CTGW 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch from the Matrix Members area don't finish with me.
The setup starts running, but then the setup window freeze on ...\transport_attack_1.wav. [&:]
Lord Zimoa

RE: Setup 1.6.0 Open Beta freeze

Post by Lord Zimoa »

All works here, so smells like a corrupted download, please delete the first one and re-download.
v.Manstein

Post by v.Manstein »

Try re-downloading. Just did a download and it installed fine on my PC.
operating

Post by operating »

It's not clear On the face of change log if SGs can get anti air.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

All works here, so smells like a corrupted download, please delete the first one and re-download.
I re-downloaded 6 times - no success!

Attachments
CTGW No install.jpg
CTGW No install.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 139 times
v.Manstein

Post by v.Manstein »

This seems like it is your anti-virus or firewall interfering as we cannot reproduce it here. Try to disable it for the download.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: v.Manstein

This seems like it is your anti-virus or firewall interfering as we cannot reproduce it here. Try to disable it for the download.
Don't work.
I use Kaspersky Internet Security.
I disabled it - no success. [:(]

It seems I have a general update problem.
I reported in the 'Tech Support' section.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

ORIGINAL: Templer

I've tried installing twice, second time after re-downloading with my anti-virus (Avast) turned off and my install stops at exactly this point. However when I now go to the Credits page in the game it is showing 1.6.0.

Seems to be working, i.e. I can start a scenario but don't know if it has actually properly updated.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

ORIGINAL: Templer

I've tried installing twice, second time after re-downloading with my anti-virus (Avast) turned off and my install stops at exactly this point. However when I now go to the Credits page in the game it is showing 1.6.0.

Seems to be working, i.e. I can start a scenario but don't know if it has actually properly updated.
Thank you Wolfe for the report.

I confirm the same behavior and also with me in the credits now 1.6.0.
Confusing, very confusing ... [&:]

Is there a way to check whether we are actually using now 1.6.0. ?
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

All works fine. Just took a look at 1918 scenario- all looks very promissing- maybee air war is finally fixed...
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Still not sure how to check if my 1.6.0 is installed correctly.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
operating

Post by operating »

Templer,

Downloaded from Matrix member site without a problem, now into first turn MP as CP, which just ended.

Bob
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

@Wolfe:

Old remark from two weeks ago, so irrelevant. I removed it or people could get confused...

You can see if you updated correctly easily, go to the Credits menu and check the game number, if it says 1.6.0 in the top right corner, you are ok.

Also do NOT use the check for update button as this is a Beta build and you do NOT need any previous patches.

In case you ran into problems, just install CTGW fresh and put the 1.6.0 Beta zip on top, that is all you need to do.

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: operating

It's not clear On the face of change log if SGs can get anti air.

Small Garrison don't get any Anti-Air.[;)]
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”