Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Player’s Edition!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Surtur

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Player’s Edition!

Post by Surtur »

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red storm, the epic wargame by On Target Simulations, is getting a huge update and re-launch! The 2.06 update and new re-master come with a host of improvements based on community feedback, as well as a great number of fixes and visual improvements – including brand new maps! That is not all however, for we are excited to announce that Flashpoint Campaigns will be releasing on Steam!

This update and re-launch of the game is being rebranded as the “Player’s Edition” as a big thank you to all players that made this game what it is now through feature suggestions, bug reports, and feedback from hours and hours of play. Our team is overwhelmed by the reception of the game and by the dedicated players we see on the forums. This update includes major visual improvements, expanded multiplayer options as well as a better interface and combat logic, all based on your feedback!

We are working hard to bring more wargames to Steam and the award-wining Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm could of course not be overlooked! We are very excited to be able to show this revolutionary strategy title to a whole new audience. As has become our tradition, we will also provide a free Steam key for the game to all current owners.

The Flashpoint Campaigns : Red Storm Player’s Edition will release on the 21st of November and will come as a free update to all owners of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm!

Click here to find more information on the game.
budd

RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Player’s Edition!

Post by budd »

I must say those shots of the new maps are sweet, great job William.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Congratulations, OTS Team! The maps look splendid!

I'm looking forward to this and just in time for a T-Day full of mayhem!! [8D]
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Panzer_Leader

Post by Panzer_Leader »

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this!
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Nice, sounds good. Could you elaborate about the additional features;ie, recon units and improvements to infantry and engineer functions? Just curious what's new that may not have been discussed already. Maps look great. Have all of them been updated and anything new to look for? Looking forward to getting back into the game. Many thanks!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

All of the maps have been switched over to using William's style and construction methods. I will be posting the What's New in 2.06 document today so you can read about all the fixes and tweaks and new things. More info will be flowing here and on our website as the weekend unfolds. [:D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Will the update be available to download through the matrix/slitherine sites as well as steam?
battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

Oh no :(

Not Steam.

If I have to use Steam then I probably can't play this game.

I had a Steam account for Rome Total War and despite having the discs Steam insists on trying to download a 20Gig install every time I connect to it!!

Plus loads of stuff I don't want or ask for.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Thanks guys - bye....
Somerset, Uk
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

ORIGINAL: battlerbritain

Oh no :(

Not Steam.

If I have to use Steam then I probably can't play this game.

I had a Steam account for Rome Total War and despite having the discs Steam insists on trying to download a 20Gig install every time I connect to it!!

Plus loads of stuff I don't want or ask for.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Thanks guys - bye....

I think you'll find that switching to Steam is just an option, it is for the other Matrix games, so I wouldn't take off just yet.

So...welcome back!![:D]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Plodder is correct. You don't have to have Steam. Only if you choose to buy it on Steam or register you game on Steam.
Charles Belva
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

highlandcharge, I'll have to ask in our Monday Dev call and see. I would think both avenues should work, but I'll make sure.[;)]

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

never had a problem tbh with any steam game i have owned, and i've been with them since day one, bought a graphics card and it came with some games and you had to use steam to have them, never heard of it before that promotion, but enjoyed it every since, had a few slight problems over the years with lost passwords and stuff, but good support like here sorted it, if it was a rubbish as most or some say it is, do you think it would 1, have survived? 2 still be the size it is today?

most posts knocking it are like windows 8 posts, with very little substance and over hype, not knocking anyone replies here or flaming anyone either, but i own all total war games on steam and bought them in a sale for the price of 1 game here, and loved it ever since, auto patches, auto updates is a breeze, and never had anything installed i first didn't sign up or ask for...

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

I don't mind steam myself although I am having trouble getting back into my account after upgrading to Windows7 64bit, I was asking for a pbem buddy of mine..

By the way the new maps are impressive :-)

FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Could someone please expand on what is included in the "better interface" portion of the update? Thank you. I can't wait for Friday.
hewwo

Post by hewwo »

Great, flashpoint on steam! I'll definitely buy it (just to add a pro-steam voice :p)
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin
I will be posting the What's New in 2.06 document today so you can read about all the fixes and tweaks and new things.

[Insert gentle nagging smiley...] [;)]
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

It's posted now. [8D]

Surtur

Post by Surtur »

Hi guys,

Just to make sure we are all on the same page here.

We are not forcing anyone to use Steam. If you do not want to install the Steam software, you can continue playing the none-steam version bought from our own website. This version will continue to be supported just as the Steam version and if you own the non-Steam version you can still play anyone using the Steam version in multiplayer.

So you are free to play the game on Steam or not, the choice is all yours ;)
battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

Phew :)
Somerset, Uk
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

Hi guys,

Just to make sure we are all on the same page here.

We are not forcing anyone to use Steam. If you do not want to install the Steam software, you can continue playing the none-steam version bought from our own website. This version will continue to be supported just as the Steam version and if you own the non-Steam version you can still play anyone using the Steam version in multiplayer.

So you are free to play the game on Steam or not, the choice is all yours ;)

Is this considered a new product that will need to be re-purchased, or will we be able to use the Matrix updater?

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”