1.08.1 ???????

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

vandorenp

1.08.1 ???????

Post by vandorenp »

Is 1.08.01 ready? I can't make it out with all the chatter to weed through. Forum search didn't find the messages did find manually which mention it in some fashion. My Buddy and I are waiting for it before starting a new game under 1.08.
Keydet
morvael

RE: 1.08.1 ???????

Post by morvael »

I hope it will be published before next Friday. But I can't promise.
vandorenp

Post by vandorenp »

Friday Nov 21 or Nov 28?

Will ongoing 1.08 games be able to play successfully after installation of the update?

Will it make a difference to the first few turns of a 41 scenario?
Keydet
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

ORIGINAL: vandorenp

Friday Nov 21 or Nov 28?

Will ongoing 1.08 games be able to play successfully after installation of the update?

Will it make a difference to the first few turns of a 41 scenario?

great question. was just going to ask this since I've started a 1.08 campaign (t1).

thanks
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think you can play with 1.08.0, it's working but simply requires more micromanagement to maintain units at higher strength (rotation), and the adjustment to new TOE functions can give big swings in strength for a turn or two so make sure to apply the path during lull in combat (if coming from 1.07).

I want to make sure 1.08.1 addresses every issue found so far, and I think it needs a bit more incubation time. Especially that I can't request to launch such a patch every week. No critical bugs in 1.08.0 exists, so we can afford to wait a bit and make sure 1.08.1 will be of much better quality.
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

I want to make sure 1.08.1 addresses every issue found so far, and I think it needs a bit more incubation time. Especially that I can't request to launch such a patch every week. No critical bugs in 1.08.0 exists, so we can afford to wait a bit and make sure 1.08.1 will be of much better quality.

Since I'm pretty sure that 1.08.1 would be the last update until WITE 2.0 I think we can wait. [:)]
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Will wait and see what happens with the price of this game on the Christmas sale. Really want to give this ago, but the price still seems high when a new version/head west version is coming. Still feel the pain of $175+ WiF backing effort a year later.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
vandorenp

Post by vandorenp »

Sounds liek we can go ahead and get underway with 1.08 as there will not be much impact for the first few turns. Correct?
ORIGINAL: morvael
... so make sure to apply the path during lull in combat (if coming from 1.07).

Starting new game in 1.08. What does it mean "apply the path" Sensai?[;)]

ORIGINAL: morvael
...so we can afford to wait a bit and make sure 1.08.1 will be of much better quality.

a week, a month?
Keydet
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

Since I'm pretty sure that 1.08.1 would be the last update until WITE 2.0 I think we can wait. [:)]

Going to be a long ass time before WitE 2.0

There is another early war game which will tackle naval and then possibly 2.0.

It could be several years or more.

WitE 2 will require allot of testing as its 20x the size of WitW.

Injoy WitE 1.08 it be here a long while before we see the up-grade, I believe.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Any idea when this patch will be out?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

All we can say is that the plan is to get it out sometime before Christmas. As Dominik said, there doesn't appear to be any critical bugs in 1.08 and as long as that continues it's best for the dev team to continue to take feedback and work on the items they feel can be improved. They are a very dedicated group and continue to work hard to absorb player feedback and improve things where they can (and this takes time and more testing). The more people play and provide feedback, the better the game gets.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”