GD1938 Game 12 "Fast game"

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

RE: GD1938 Game 12 "Fast game"

Post by ironduke1955 »

"And your claim that the Soviets could win the war without the US is completely false"

Just to correct you slightly, this should be stated as in my humble opinion, because it is just opinion.

Stalingrad was the turning point on the eastern front, in the winter of 42/43. Why do you feel that 1943 would have turned out any better for the Germans. The Allies did not seriously get into the War in Europe until June 44, by this time the Soviet Army was a steamroller its advances only limited by logistics, not impaired by the forces the Germans could put in the field, even assuming all the forces in the west could have been transferred to the eastern front. They would only have slowed the Soviets down as they were not the German army of 1941, these men were gone.

There was a way the Germans could have easily won the Second World War, it was a political rather military strategy that was beyond the understanding of the German Leadership.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Um.... I was sortof enjoying the AAR without the Real World comments.

Any chance we can get back to that?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Um.... I was sortof enjoying the AAR without the Real World comments.

Any chance we can get back to that?
As soon as someone does their turn.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Joint Communique of the USA and China.

In Europe the US Army took Porto. In South America the USA ran past Salvador and headed for Rio.

In Japan all cities but Sapporo fell to the US troops.

Here is a map of the Japanese positions in the north of Korea, and China.

Attachments
G12T51China.jpg
G12T51China.jpg (56.64 KiB) Viewed 81 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Kept pressure up on the Germans, and handed the territory and British troops in Rumania over to the Soviets. Odd message from the USA with a veiled threat, odd thing to receive from my ally, that Britain must vacate Hong Kong or bad things may happen[:)]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

He wants China to win. Assuming he has the clear china victory condition I believe he will have to clear the Soviets out of Manchuria as well.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The United States and China have war aims, scenarios for the postwar period that they would like to see play out.
This has been an war where Great Britain, France, and the Soviet Union waged the whole land and air war against
Germany and Italy. The United States, China, and the Soviets took on the Japanese.

China, with the full diplomatic backing of the United States, asks that foreign Imperial rule over the Chinese people
end with this war. Great Britain and the Soviet Union will have their way in all of conquered Europe. China has fought
hard, and will be patient, but the peace accords must restore a whole China. Chinese people must govern themselves at
the end of this bloody war.

The United States has reached Rio, and will attempt to invest it soon.

US troops took La Coruna, but the Atlantic still is plagued with German submarines and the USN and RN need to clean
this threat up.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Rio was attacked by US troops. It held, but will not hold for long.

In Asia the Chinese found the Japanese to be very stubborn defenders, once again.

In Europe the 501st Bombardment group hit an Italian concentration.

Attachments
G12T53AttackBy501st.jpg
G12T53AttackBy501st.jpg (13.45 KiB) Viewed 81 times
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Italien concentrations? Great. Please give me a hint where to find them.

Can see only some small remains of the Italien army being spread somewhere on the Balkan and in France, unable to move and fight. But it looks like they still look impressive for US boys.

Watch out, you barbarien hordes. Glorious Roman Empire is still alive and ready to kick your ass the latin way.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Well, we had the fuel and ordnance and the Italians looked like they didn't have any anti-aircraft guns!

The flying "hordes" of "US boys" don't much like getting shot down.

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

Well, we had the fuel and ordnance and the Italians looked like they didn't have any anti-aircraft guns!

The flying "hordes" of "US boys" don't much like getting shot down.

Plus you want to save what you can to attack Britain with when they refuse to leave HK. Right?
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

1942 casualties

mid war casualties showing how close the british and the germans have been not much in it.

Attachments
Forum.jpg
Forum.jpg (312.51 KiB) Viewed 80 times

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

force levels have steadily risen for the british the blip at the end is a transfer of forces in eastern europe to the soviets with the realization that they were stepping on soviet toes.

the large upward spike in 1938 is the transfer of the french army in north africa that included the majority of the french army from the mainland, this was not detected until near the end by the italian navy who promptly sank the evacuating transports along with the unfortunate french troops.

Attachments
forcelevels.jpg
forcelevels.jpg (253.25 KiB) Viewed 80 times

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

A quick breakdown of current UK forces by type.

Attachments
troops.jpg
troops.jpg (63.87 KiB) Viewed 80 times

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The British have offered peace terms to the Germans, if accepted all active military fronts Involving British and German forces will initially be in a state of cease fire, leading to a permanent peace. The British have been threatened with possible military action by another power. And must take steps to reposition its forces to meet this new threat, The British hope that this threat is just that a threat, but if circumstances force them to fight to protect themselves and people's under their protection, the British will not flinch in their duty.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

possible military action by another power

Not us. The ambiguity of the British phrase confuses the issue. Neither China nor the USA has anything to gain from
a war with Great Britain. We also offered peace to Germany, as it would be rather silly for our tiny force in
Europe to take on even a weakened Germany. We are pulling out of Portugal, and the bit of Spain we occupied.

China took Port Arthur, and the United States took southern Korea. The USA also is moving farther into Brazil and
other parts of South America.

The Axis has been smashed. The United States has no desire for any more warfare. If Germany accepts the peace
offered by the USA and Great Britain then Japan can surrender, or be finished off by the powers warring with it.
At this point the United States of America proposes the war end, with a victory by the Allied Powers - The Soviet
Union, Great Britain and France, China, and the United States. The war will end, and peace will settle over a
weary world.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I agree with Chuck on this, however if anyone in game 12 wants to continue, I will be happy to oblige its up to Twotribes and RufusTFirefly.

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I finally get good tanks and the war is over LOL. I don't see any need to continue. If it is decided we will I will continue.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

As Axis is beaten it is ok for me to stop here.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

"Two against one ain't fun."

I think any two of the big three GB(FR)-USSR-USA(China) could defeat the third. It might be interesting, but I think the outcome is predictable.

How about splitting Game 12 into three games as follows :

GB(FR) vs USSR, USA(China) guaranteed passive.
GB(FR) vs USA(China), USSR guaranteed passive.
USA(China) vs USSR, GB(FR) guaranteed passive.

This would give us each two interesting games, and one to open and close.

I think it would be fun. All of this depends on Germany bowing out and becoming a passive neutral. I think Japan is too far gone.

I don't know how "Surrender" works, but maybe we could agree to stay out of surrendered territories.

I throw this out as an idea, to see if there is any interest?

Return to “After Action Reports”