Map Cursor Databox Visibility and Performance

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Grondoval

Map Cursor Databox Visibility and Performance

Post by Grondoval »

hello devs and community,

there seems to be a strange performance issue (at least on my end) with the map cursor databox and where it is positioned. i always wondered why im getting kind of poor performance out of my pc (i7 4770k, 16gb ram, samsung ssd, gtx 970 etc.). im playing at no-pulse in high fidelity and the realtime-seconds sometimes last considerably longer (2 seconds or more). it feels a little bit like hiccups. then by sheer coincidence i switched the cursor databox visibility from "show on bottom" to "show on cursor". and what a difference. no performance issues at all even in the biggest turmoils and on time compression.

short: on my pc there is a drastic performance gap between setting my cursor databox on the bottom (very slow) or on the cursor (very fast)

furthermore i want to thank you for this marvel of game. i havent played harpoon 3 or any other of the classics but because of my interest in hardcore simulations of various kinds (steel beasts, dcs, falcon bms, combat mission, steel panthers) i fell in love with command very fast. [:)]
mikmykWS

RE: Map Cursor Databox Visibility and Performance

Post by mikmykWS »

Sorry if these questions are dim but need to know.

Buy the game via steam or matrix? What version ( number is top center of command dialog)?

You can update by clicking on the update button and grabbing the beta updates in the beta sections. One update did impact performance so you should grab it.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Is this still a problem in v1.06 ?
Grondoval

Post by Grondoval »

Hello,

sorry, I misinterpreted the problems I had with declining performance and the databox visibility. The culprit to my performance degrading was definitaly the sound effects. I made a thread about this. So this case can be closed - databox-visibility definatly innocent [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”