OT: Buzz Aldrin Space Program Manager

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jorge_Stanbury

OT: Buzz Aldrin Space Program Manager

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I bought it and I liked it. I highly recommend it for anyone with some interest on the space race and/ or to those old timers that want to remember

Compared to WITPAE, the game is trivially simple and short. It does has however the same structure of setting your turn orders, then watching the outcome.

Is a project management game; you control:
- programs: selecting which projects to focus on
- research: hiring, training and allocating scientist to project
- mission control: hiring, training and allocating mission controlers
- facilities: building and expansion of facilities to allow more astronauts, scientists or mission controlers
- budget, prestige

The game also include a "Buzzopedia" where you can find a lot of information about each specific program, rocket or spacecraft
btd64

RE: OT: Buzz Aldrin Space Program Manager

Post by btd64 »

I'm thinking XMAS. I already dropped a hint for gift cards....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I loved it as well. The only downside is that once you do the moon landing as the GSA, there are no more long term missions for you to do. So kind of a let down for me. They plan future expansions to add additional long term missions just so you know.

Short term missions are still assigned though. So after the moon landing, I had a Mars and Venus probe to do. But nothing bad will occur if you fail them. So the game is pretty much a sandbox after the moon landing.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I read that in the next patch they will allow the game to continue after the moon mission.

But that said, it is a great game, but it gets old quick, unless of course they add more stuff

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”