Screenshots over at Pocket Tactics

3D version of Close Combat
CGGrognard

RE: Screenshots over at Pocket Tactics

Post by CGGrognard »

Will it be possible during game play to see let's say a tank shell damage the building?
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

Will it be possible during game play to see let's say a tank shell damage the building?

Yes. A decent-sized HE shell will cause visible damage to buildings.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Does the battle editor uses points to "buy" troops or you can select whatever you want?

I think there should be a way to cap the forces (other than mutual agreement) so you can have varied scenarios like a low point game would force you to choose between low quality but numerous troops or high quality but fewer troops.
Hard-core Spectre
incrediblestone

Post by incrediblestone »

Great to see this 3D Close Combat will be released in the future.
Here is some suggestion on graphics:
1/ The terrain is close to former CC series, which is ideal, but the texture of roof, vehicles and trees are in different styles.
2/ I don't know why but the vehicle looks like toys, so could their texture or mapping be improved? add something like rust or coating
3/ The top of the tree looks really weird, the branches turn out a brown hole in the center. While leaves have too strong contrast, as if they can glow.
4/ The bushes are not connected. They are scattered maybe because they are 3d models. But they do like umbrellas or little trees.
5/ I saw 3D boxes and fences on the ground. Well, things like carts, tables, abandoned metals, dolls, ads, road signs, grill, hens, dogs, pigeons and shadow of clouds appeared in my head (Not important)...

I didn't see river, stream or pool, so really don't know what the water effect will be like in this game. Waiting with excitement and expectation.
Just share with my thought.
Really Good job for alpha version anyway, please don't be hasty, I can wait while I play the Cean version.

Thank you guys!
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

1/ The terrain is close to former CC series, which is ideal, but the texture of roof, vehicles and trees are in different styles.
2/ I don't know why but the vehicle looks like toys, so could their texture or mapping be improved? add something like rust or coating
3/ The top of the tree looks really weird, the branches turn out a brown hole in the center. While leaves have too strong contrast, as if they can glow.
4/ The bushes are not connected. They are scattered maybe because they are 3d models. But they do like umbrellas or little trees.
5/ I saw 3D boxes and fences on the ground. Well, things like carts, tables, abandoned metals, dolls, ads, road signs, grill, hens, dogs, pigeons and shadow of clouds appeared in my head (Not important)...
You will be able edit the textures when the game be released.

I know how many times I have written it but people, the game will be released this year, you can not wait that they make any more changes or additions at it. Sometimes I feel that some people think how a complete new game can be made at few months, you can not imagine how work take these things.
Miro

Post by Miro »

We want more screenshots ! [;)]
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Screen shots with hills please.
And maybe a few zoomed in as well.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Maybe how works the company management [&:]
Platoon_Michael

Been 3 months since anyone has posted something new about TBF.
I'm just wondering how things are going?
40/50/75% complete?
Any chance of updated screen shots?
A ingame video.
Release date?
Price?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Michael,

It is going. :) Unofficially, I am working on the AI, 3D objects are being added, and maps are being created using the in-game map editor.

Official information / announcements will happen in the relatively near future, but I can't give anything more exact than that at this time.

Steve
Rattlesnake8

Post by Rattlesnake8 »

I'm really glad old CC fans are being kept in mind with the move to a 3D engine. Looking great so far, it'll be a day one buy for me. I can't wait to play the campaign.
geozero

Post by geozero »

Looks really good.
JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I'd love to see this game compete with Graviteams series..Muis front is looking sTunning. CC was my first love and was only knocked of my No1 (CC2) RTS list recently by APOS.

Multi story buildings really should have been a feature as many tactical games don't have this. Sewer movement aswell. If I was designing a new tactical game I'd be looking at much asked for features from other tactical games and if any hadn't been done or done well would make sure my game had it.
Gun_Pierson

Post by Gun_Pierson »

Those alpha screenshots look very promising and I'm very hopeful. That said you don't need all lip service, you need some critical feedback as well so here I go:

I absolutely hate the unit icons and it was the main reason why I didn't buy CC games after CC5. Those standard Nato icons are a missed opportunity to add historical athmosphere to the game. It also screams 'cheapness' as it seems you can't afford artists or pay for copyrighted pictures to use as icons like many of the great mod makers did in previous games in the CC series like eg. Stalingrad mods by Pzjager, those icons take you in the game and era by just looking at them. I hope you don't let me wait to buy the game till a good mod with cool icons comes out.

I know those screenshots were from the alpha stage a while ago, and even though it looks neat, houses are not dirty enough sorta speak. They're too clean and perfect. I realise these are details, but those often make the difference.

Skins for tanks are a bit boring in the screenshots. But they were boring in CC4 and CC5 as well. Camouflage patterns etc would be nice. I would even pay for them if they would come in a little add-on you can buy or not. Just an idea you know.

Regarding the interface, I hope it's also possible to have the old school unit bar at the bottom.

That's all for now and I hope you can appreciate the feedback and I wish the team all the best.

Cheers,

G.

Platoon_Michael

Soooooooo,

Is there anything that can be shared?

Anything?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'm sure as soon as they have something for us, we will get it[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Platoon_Michael

Does anybody Other than zakblood have something to update us with?
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Just a point. Who is zakblood? with all my respect, he does not look as a member from the team making the game and he has not any relation with with Matrixgames or Slitherine.

About the game, one Slitherine member told at Steam GTC forums how we can expect news relatively soon http://steamcommunity.com/app/297750/di ... 151466016/

However, relatively soon can be at three months or a year. Just I remember how the unique two screenshots from the power tactics preview were made after the Matrixgames reunion from the past year where usually they show new proyects and other times, this reunion was made at May.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi guys,

It is mostly of question of what we show, when. Showing the community a work-in-progress can be tricky -- If we show something too early, with placeholder graphics or an unpolished UI, we will likely be hammered for it.

I can tell you that the AI work and the new UI implementation are the main work items right now. I think the new UI is going to be great, and hope you'll agree once we have something polished enough to show screenshots. But for the moment, I'll have to ask for your patience. :)

Thanks,

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Do not be worried, I will not hammer you if you show a screenshot from some unfinished. However, I like how interest you put in the work and how you want show us one finished work.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”