Investigating Multi-player Issues

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
PipFromSlitherine

RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

We need the new EXEs to be used because they contain special logging and debugging code.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

Seriously?? i understand what your saying, but im pretty sure your missing my point. if your in for a penny , i would think you would be in for a pound.
the more info from ANY source i would think would be usefull to you guys? going to the exact source of the issues and asking questions and perhaps...YES...getting more people to use your "special "version, one would think would be usefull to you guys in trouble shooting the problem??
is it just me? or am i the only one noticing there is a real lack of people posting on this thread about the issues we know are out there with the multiplayer / lobby?

if only 3 players post here with issues with the multiplayer / lobby, the usual matrix response is...not enough people think its an issue, so its not an issue.
im just trying to help you lads get this issue resolved by giving you some feed back on how to get MORE info and feed back based on my observations out there in the CC gaming world. it cant possibly take you guys that much time to drop into your lobby a couple of times a day for afew days and chat with the players that bought your game? thats positive feed back / taking an interest, from matrix as far as im concerned.

but i guess im wrong with my feed back...yet again.
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

I remember during the initial release days there were some developers on the lobby (Conrad and Cathartes iirc), testing the game themselves as well as asking some feed-back to the players. I had appreciated a lot. And I'm sure people would also appreciate seeing developers get in touch with them personally to solve problems.

Anyway, that's what I think. I am fine with what kind of an approach you guys follow as long as you solve the problems.

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”